Scientist II - III, Immuno-Oncology Discovery
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a highly motivated and innovative Scientist II or III to join our Immuno-Oncology Discovery group (job level determined based upon experience). The candidate will lead screening projects to identify novel pathways and targets in cancer immunotherapy. This position reports to Senior Scientist in Immuno-Oncology Discovery.
- Develop complex primary immune cell-based assays, execute high-throughput screens using a variety of readout technologies, and evaluate hits for therapeutic potential.
- Drive development of new screening technologies and discovery platforms as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Perform day-to-day laboratory bench work and collaborate effectively with others in Immuno-Oncology, Bioinformatics, Molecular Protein Sciences, and Systems Engineering groups to move projects forward.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with high level of independence, scientific rigor, and curiosity and present scientific findings and project updates to line and senior management.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Immunology, or related field with 3-8 years of post-doctoral research experience; biopharmaceutical industry experience is preferred.
- Expertise in mammalian cell culture, with both primary and immortalized cells, is required.
- Significant expertise with in vitro cell based assays utilizing primary cells is required; experience with immune cells is preferred.
- Experience with relevant technologies (e.g. gene expression, CRISPR, multiplex protein analysis, microscopy, and flow cytometry) and with high-throughput automated robotic systems is desired.
- Experience analyzing/mining large data sets and familiarity with automated data analysis workflows and data visualization tools is a plus.
- Outstanding scientist with demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and critical thinking.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to collaborate and lead project teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment while delivering high quality work.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.