Research Associate II, Analytical Development
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Analytical Development group. This position will be responsible for assay development, characterization and qualification of biochemical and biophysical assays for early-stage and late-stage clinical programs. In addition, this research associate will act as a technical resource for supporting process development, formulation development and product characterization. This research associate will interface with the automation group to evaluate and build efficiencies when needed. The position will report to the Director, Analytical Development.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and qualify analytical assays following ICH guidelines to implement at CMO/CRO
- Draft protocols, execute studies, analyze data and draft technical reports
- Participate in troubleshooting technical and procedural issues
- Comply with all pertinent regulatory agency requirements
- Design and execute studies to increase the understanding of candidate molecules
- Work with cross-functional groups and external contract facilities to meet program timelines
- Evaluate new methodologies and test procedures and implement when needed
- Maintain and troubleshoot laboratory equipment
- A BS or MS degree in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or a related discipline with 3-5 years of laboratory experience in industry
- Must have hands-on experience with analytical techniques including HPLC, CE, and 96-well plate-based assays
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly motivated, flexible, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience in a GLP environment highly desirable
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.