Scientist II-III, Protein Biochemist, Molecular & Protein Sciences
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated scientist to join our Molecular and Protein Sciences group as part of the Biotherapeutics department to support Research discovery and pre-clinical therapeutic programs in a dynamic, team-oriented and collaborative environment. This position reports to the Associate Director, Molecular and Protein Sciences.
- Provide broad protein and analytical expertise as part of a midscale protein production group responsible for expression, purification, and biophysical and functional characterizations of target proteins, antibodies, and various (alternative) protein therapeutics/formats/scaffolds.
- Collaborate and contribute to the effective functioning of interdisciplinary teams as a Molecular and Protein Sciences representative.
- Contribute technical expertise and personal leadership to drive innovation of process and technology across Biotherapeutics.
- Other duties as mutually agreed upon to make this position a career building experience.
- Ph.D. in a biochemistry, structural biology or related discipline, with minimum of 4-5+ years of experience in protein expression and purification, preferably in an industrial setting
- Demonstrated proficiency with various protein separation, biochemical and biophysical characterization techniques and their applications, with ability to identify and troubleshoot technical issues encountered.
- Working knowledge of multiple classes of proteins is desirable. Experience with multi-span membrane proteins is a plus.
- Experience with recombinant protein expression at multiple scales using mammalian culture processes (HEK293, CHO) is required, with microbial experience a plus.
- Experience in protein modeling, structure-function analysis, and protein engineering is a plus.
- Familiarity with high throughput and automation technologies for production and functional testing is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects efficiently, to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Detail-oriented and positive “can-do” attitude towards assigned responsibilities
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.