Senior Scientist, Immuno-Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Senior Scientist to join our Immuno-Oncology group. The candidate will be an expert in the field of human immunology and will be responsible for identifying and validating novel cancer immune therapeutics. This individual will be responsible for progressing therapeutic candidates from Discovery to IND-enabling studies, implementing program strategies with clear go/no go decision points and objective timelines. He/She is expected to perform day-to-day laboratory benchwork and to work closely with the Immuno-Oncology Discovery, Bioinformatics, Antibody Therapeutics, Pharmacology, and Exploratory Biomarkers groups to implement this effort. Drug development experience is required, and the ideal candidate will have experience leading projects in an industry setting.
- Ph.D. in immunology, cancer immunology, or related field with 8+ years of relevant biopharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery in the fields of immunology and/or cancer immunotherapy
- Expertise in human immunology or cancer immunology is required
- Experience in drug development is required; experience leading cross-functional teams from discovery to IND is strongly preferred
- Significant expertise with in vitro screening and validation assays in cancer immunotherapy is required; in vivo expertise with murine syngeneic and xenograft tumor models would be desirable
- Proven track record of high impact publications and presentations in the field of immunology or cancer immunity
- Demonstrated success in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, and independent thinking are required
- Responsible for setting high standards for experimental research and target validation
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to present to a wide variety of audiences including Sr. Management
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.