Senior Scientist, Pharmacology
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
FivePrime Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and innovative Senior Scientist to join our Pharmacology group. The ideal candidate will be an expert in developing and utilizing in vivo models to interrogate the efficacy and mechanism of action of immune modulating therapeutics against cancer and immune disorders. This position reports to Director, Pharmacology.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Design and coordinate the execution of in vivo studies to demonstrate efficacy and mechanism of action of our existing and emerging novel protein therapeutics.
- Implement new in vivo models to identify and validate novel drug targets.
- Provide mentoring and support to other scientists in the Pharmacology and IO Research groups to interrogate the mechanisms of action and identify potential biomarkers of response of our therapeutics.
- Ph.D. in cancer biology, immunology, or related discipline with a minimum 8+ years of post-graduate experience
- Expertise in oncology, immune-oncology, or immunology and previous employment in biotech or pharmaceutical industry are required
- Experience preparing and submitting regulatory documents (IND, NDA, etc.) preferred
- Hands-on experience developing in vivo mouse models of cancer and/or immune disorders
- Expertise designing and implementing in vivo studies to examining dose-response, PK/PD relationships, and drug-induced changes to the tumor microenvironment
- Expertise in using multicolor flow cytometry to examine drug-induced changes in immune cell populations strongly desired
- Hands-on experience working with mice including multiple dosing routes and regimens, tissue procurement techniques
- Previous experience directly managing staff is required
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and strategies to scientists and non-scientists
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in cross-functional group settings
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.