Research Associate IV, Immuno-Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: FPRX) is a publicly traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company focused on discovering and developing innovative immuno-oncology protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with serious diseases. Our industry-leading drug discovery platform, which includes comprehensive proprietary libraries of the extracellular proteome and differentiated screening capabilities, has led to a pipeline comprising five development programs in clinical trials across multiple indications in 2019. We also have several undisclosed research programs that have the potential to yield our next wave of development-stage therapeutic biologics. And we continue to fuel this process using our proprietary screens to discover new immuno-oncology targets.
Five Prime is committed to innovation and outstanding science to develop effective new drugs for the treatment of severe diseases. We value our culture of openness, collaboration and productivity. Discover more about FivePrime at www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Research Associate IV to join our Immuno-Oncology group. This candidate will have experience in the field of immunology or cancer immunology and will join a team identifying and validating novel cancer immune therapeutics. This individual will undertake activities such as antibody screening, assay development and exploration of mechanisms of action to progress targets from Discovery to IND-enabling studies. Drug development experience is preferred, and the ideal candidate will have experience working in a cross-functional team setting.
- Perform in vitro assays and collaborate with the pharmacology group to dissect the mechanism of action for preclinical therapeutic molecules targeted to myeloid and T cell targets.
- Perform in vitro assays in engineered and primary cells to guide selection of candidate molecules with the desired pharmacologic properties.
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads on assigned projects.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with independence, scientific rigor and curiosity.
- B.S or M.S in Immunology, Pharmacology or related field with minimum 3+ years (with M.S.) or 5+ years relevant research experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Research experience in human immunology or cancer immunology is required.
- Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry, gene expression and cell transfection methods, primary immune cell assays and immunological read-outs is required.
- Expertise in multiparameter flow cytometry including cell sorting is highly desired.
- Experience executing a therapeutic antibody screen, including approaches to automate / execute assays in a high through-put manner, is highly desired.
- Experience with myeloid cell-based assays, including monocyte differentiation, activation and co-cultures with multiple cell-types is desired.
- Experience with biochemical assays to evaluate receptor engagement and proximal signaling cascades is highly desired.
- Possess a broad understanding of drug development especially cancer immunotherapy.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.