Research Associate I / II, Immuno-Oncology Research
- 111 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080, USA
Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc. develops innovative protein therapeutics to improve the lives of patients with cancer. The company focuses on developing immune modulators and precision therapies for solid tumor cancers paired with companion diagnostics to identify patients who are most likely to benefit from treatment with Five Prime’s product candidates. The company’s product candidates have innovative mechanisms of action and address patient populations in need of better therapies. Five Prime has entered into strategic collaborations with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has promising product candidates in clinical and preclinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and innovative Research Associate to join our Immuno-Oncology Research group. This position offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of the IO Research team and with other research scientists to develop novel anti-tumor agents. This individual will play a critical role in advancing therapeutic antibody candidate molecules from validation to IND-enabling studies.
· Perform in vitro assays to dissect the mechanism of action for therapeutic molecules targeting T cells.
· Perform cell binding and functional assays to ensure the quality of test articles.
· Perform assays to evaluate the activity of therapeutic antibodies in preclinical efficacy and toxicology studies.
· Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
· Contribute to laboratory organization and management of cell banks, antibody stocks, reagents etc.
· Execute experiments and scientific tasks with scientific rigor and curiosity.
· Maintain detailed records of experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook.
· Communicate experimental results to collaborators and present data in team meetings.
· B.S in Life sciences, Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology or related field.
· The ideal candidate will have relevant hands-on research experience, preferably 1-3 years in an industry setting.
· Experience with the culturing of cell lines using aseptic technique is required.
· Experience with multiparameter flow cytometry, gene expression and cell transfection methods, primary immune cell assays and immunological read-outs is preferred.
· Experience with biochemical assays to evaluate receptor engagement and proximal signaling cascades is highly desired.
· A strong desire and aptitude for learning.
· Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting.
· Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively interpret SOPs and laboratory protocols.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
· Attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.