Research Associate III, Immuno-Oncology Research
- South San Francisco, CA, USA
Five Prime is a clinical stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on rewriting the narrative for people with cancer. By tackling the tough scientific questions and untapped pathways, we aim to offer new hope by developing novel, breakthrough therapies that have potential to alter the course of disease in cancers with few treatment options. This vision is what defines us, and guides our research, clinical development and partnerships. To build a better tomorrow for people with cancer, we are teaming up with patients, physicians, scientists, and industry partners to make a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Five Prime collaborates with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has therapies in pre-clinical and clinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
At Five Prime, we are relentlessly focused on rewriting the narrative for people with cancer. We tackle the tough scientific challenges with optimism and courage. Rather than pursue the well-trodden path, we explore untapped pathways that have potential to deliver truly novel, breakthrough treatments for cancers with few options.
Together with patients, physicians, scientists, and industry partners we start each day looking for ways to advance science and use our expertise to develop cancer treatments that provide a fresh start and renewed hope for people facing the challenges of cancer.
We do things in a way that truly matters for patients. We embrace this spirit with pride; with action over words. We bring boldness, passion and commitment to each decision in the fight against cancer, however big or small. We are committed to transforming a cancer diagnosis from a foregone conclusion to a more hopeful future. Let’s rewrite the cancer story. Together.
This position offers an exciting opportunity to work as part of the IO Research team and with clinical research team members to develop novel anti-tumor agents. This individual will play a critical role in advancing lead antibody candidate molecules through IND-enabling studies.
- Perform in vitro assays to dissect the mechanism of action for therapeutic molecules targeting T cells and myeloid cells
- Generate stable cell lines, verify target expression and perform downstream cell binding and functional assays to characterize and ensure quality of test articles
- Collaborate with the other scientists/ project leads to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
- Contribute to laboratory organization and management of cell banks, antibody stocks, reagents etc.
- Execute experiments and scientific tasks with scientific rigor and curiosity.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental procedures and data in an electronic laboratory notebook.
- Communicate experimental results to collaborators and present data in team meetings.
- B.S. or M.S. in Immunology, Cell Biology or equivalent scientific discipline with at least 3+ years (with M.S.) or 5+ years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology or academic setting is required. The ideal candidate will have relevant hands-on research experience of 1-3 years in an industry setting.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with independent operation of an analytical flow cytometer and data analysis using FlowJo is required.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience with the isolation and culturing of primary human immune cells, set-up of primary immune cell assays, acquisition and analysis of immunological read-outs using methods such as flow cytometry or ELISA is required.
- Experience with gene expression and cell transfections methods is highly desired.
- Experience with the culturing of cell lines using aseptic technique is required.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interpret SOPs and laboratory protocols.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and consistent delivery of high-quality work.
- A strong desire and aptitude for learning.
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.