Sr Project Manager - Contract/Temp
- South San Francisco, CA, USA
Five Prime is a clinical stage biotechnology company relentlessly focused on rewriting the narrative for people with cancer. By tackling the tough scientific questions and untapped pathways, we aim to offer new hope by developing novel, breakthrough therapies that have potential to alter the course of disease in cancers with few treatment options. This vision is what defines us, and guides our research, clinical development and partnerships. To build a better tomorrow for people with cancer, we are teaming up with patients, physicians, scientists, and industry partners to make a meaningful difference in patients’ lives. Five Prime collaborates with leading global pharmaceutical companies and has therapies in pre-clinical and clinical development. For more information, please visit www.fiveprime.com.
At Five Prime, we are relentlessly focused on rewriting the narrative for people with cancer. We tackle the tough scientific challenges with optimism and courage. Rather than pursue the well-trodden path, we explore untapped pathways that have potential to deliver truly novel, breakthrough treatments for cancers with few options.
Together with patients, physicians, scientists, and industry partners we start each day looking for ways to advance science and use our expertise to develop cancer treatments that provide a fresh start and renewed hope for people facing the challenges of cancer.
We do things in a way that truly matters for patients. We embrace this spirit with pride; with action over words. We bring boldness, passion and commitment to each decision in the fight against cancer, however big or small. We are committed to transforming a cancer diagnosis from a foregone conclusion to a more hopeful future. Let’s rewrite the cancer story. Together.
We are seeking a motivated and ambitious individual to join our Project Management team. This position will be accountable for executing project management best practices within the Program Management function as well as serving as project manager to an assigned preclinical or clinical program. This position reports to the Director of Project Management.
The primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement the Five Prime processes for tracking preclinical and clinical development timelines, budgets, document management, tracking of interdependencies, governance and decisions, and reporting program status.
- Work within the Program Management function and in partnership with the Project Team leaders and the sub-team leaders, helping to contribute to the development and success of a project team system, such as: alignment of early and late stage research projects and the preparation for their move into clinical development, or the management of lifecycle planning and team meetings to deliver and communicate timely milestones throughout the lifecycle.
- Drive Project Teams through internal corporate processes and milestones, such as quarterly program reviews, governance meetings, and budget processes.
- Build relationships with external collaborators, to ensure alignment across joint decisions.
- Support the Director, Project Management with the development and tracking of organizational goals, development of governance and communication processes so Senior Leadership is well informed and able to meet decision making demands.
- Gather team feedback to draft meeting agendas and document and archive project meeting minutes and action items for programs. Along with the Project Team Leader, co-lead team meetings.
- Provide project team support to meet business development needs when necessary
- BS/MS in life sciences required
- 5+ years of relevant project management experience supporting pre-clinical or clinical programs; oncology experience preferred
- PMP or other PM certification is a plus
Skills and Abilities:
- Intermediate proficiency with MS Project, Teams, PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is a must
- Demonstrated solid understanding of nonclinical and clinical drug development is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skill and ability to influence
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment and proven success working in matrix environments
- Excellent time/resource and budget management
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and capable of demonstrating proactive competence
At FivePrime, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
FivePrime is an equal opportunity employer. FivePrime makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Five Prime acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team and comply with Five Prime’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Five Prime. Five Prime’s Talent Acquisition Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Five Prime will become property of Five Prime and Five Prime will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.