- Killdeer, ND
FlexSteel is a team of hard-working, driven and dedicated people with a shared mission: To responsibly deliver the next generation of pipeline solutions. We are truly “ahead of the curve” in providing quality products, innovative solutions and responsive service to our customers. We value our team members and believe that people perform better when they are an integral part of a winning team. Our philosophy is reflected in the fact that our employees tend to stay with FlexSteel for many years. FlexSteel is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. Explore your future today.
The Warehouse Coordinator is responsible for the maintenance and inventory management of the warehouse. The coordinator will assure effective execution of shipping and receiving associated with the regional installation and service of the FlexSteel products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain good, positive communication with clients, supervisors, subordinates and be a team player.
- Conduct warehouse activities in a manner that assures a high level of customer satisfaction (internal and external customers)
- Coordinates with regional personnel for the purpose of providing service and equipment to clients and other facilities within the company.
- Supply accurate and complete field service related transfer documents.
- Monitors mail, inventories, and shipments to ensure the accurate tracking of assets.
- Comply with all HSEQ regulations with a specific emphasis on proper storage and maintenance of equipment and materials.
- Assist in the design and development of facilities and equipment to best maintain the facility operations.
- Monitor and maintain assigned inventory programs and/or projects for the purpose of maintaining conformity to all administrative, state, and federal requirements.
- Provide maintenance and daily inspections to forklifts and other equipment used in the facility and received from the field.
- Provide maintenance and housekeeping at the facility to ensure a clean, organized, and safe work environment.
- Perform other functions, activities, or duties as directed by supervisor.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others while onsite as job lead.
- There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment including Supervisors, Managers, and Field Technicians.
- Ability to speak fluent English in writing and speaking. Bilingual a plus.
- Results oriented self driven individual with strong organizational and people skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to operate and maintain forklifts and equipment typical of warehouse and field operations.
- Ability to maintain small equipment specifically hydraulics, generators etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Experience with operation of general packaging equipment and warehouse equipment, forklift certification preferred.
- Demonstrated responsibility for completion of projects with manufacturing/construction personnel.
- Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must have clean driving record and be able to pass background investigation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year warehouse/manufacturing/construction experience with average experience of 3+ years.
- Licensure and/or experience in the operation of fork lifts and other general construction equipment as necessary will be required.
- Commercial driver license class A is a plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to operate Forklift and manage shipping schedules is essential with this role.
- Active participation in managing inventories and maintaining equipment/facilities encompasses 90% of this job function.
- Ability to lift objects greater than 50 pounds required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and direct sunlight conditions in all types of oil-field and construction environments
- Warehouse environment with indoor forklift operation and storage yard with large reels of spoolable pipe and installation equipment.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.