Field Services Technician
- Killdeer, ND
FlexSteel is a team of hard-working, driven and dedicated people with a shared mission: To responsibly deliver the next generation of pipeline solutions. We are truly “ahead of the curve” in providing quality products, innovative solutions and responsive service to our customers. We value our team members and believe that people perform better when they are an integral part of a winning team. Our philosophy is reflected in the fact that our employees tend to stay with FlexSteel for many years. FlexSteel is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. Explore your future today.
The Field Services Technician is responsible for the execution of field service work associated with the installation and service of the FlexSteel products. The functional group also supports development of field processes, equipment, and logistical strategies to assure jobs are completed in a cost effective and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain good, positive communication with clients, supervisors and subordinates are a team player.
- Operate field services activities in a manner that assures a high level of customer satisfaction (internal and external customers)
- Full responsibility for the execution of product installation, service, and maintenance activities. Typical activities to include jobsite evaluation, product installation, and product repair, equipment inventory, keeping up supplies, shipment preparation, equipment maintenance and repair, proper reporting, etc.
- Supply an eye witness and recorded history of field service events pertinent to the project.
- Supply accurate and complete field documents.
- Ensure all field activities are performed in a safe and efficient manner consistent with all company policies, procedures, and standard practices.
- Comply with all HSEQ regulations with a specific emphasis on proper use of PPE.
- Assist in the design and development of facilities and field equipment best suited to meet customer needs in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Support the development of field service processes and documentation to assure consistency in the approach and clear communication of best practices.
- Troubleshoot problems in the field and provide solutions as needed.
- Perform other functions, activities, or duties as directed by supervisor.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others while onsite as job lead.
- There are no direct supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment including engineers, construction/project managers, general contractors, and construction helpers.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Results oriented self driven individual with strong organizational and people skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to provide training to others at all levels in construction environment.
- Ability to maintain small equipment specifically hydraulics, generators etc.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience with operation of general construction equipment preferred.
- Perform critical measurements using precision measurement equipment.
- Hands-on work experience with flexible or pipeline pipe products preferred.
- Be a creative thinker to identify near term and long term field services solutions.
- Demonstrated responsibility for completion of projects with manufacturing/construction personnel.
- Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to travel for long periods up to 3 weeks at a time or 80% of working hours.
- Must have clean driving record and be able to pass background investigation.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year manufacturing/construction experience with average experience of 3+ years.
- Licensure and/or experience in the operation of fork lifts and other general construction equipment as necessary will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel on short and long haul assignments by automobile/truck and/or airline for long periods of time is essential with this role.
- Active participation in field installation activities away from home encompasses 90% of this job function.
- Ability to lift objects greater than 50 pounds required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, and direct sunlight conditions in all types of oil-field and construction environments
- Moderate to loud noise consistent with that of oil-field and construction environments.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.