Area Sales Coordinator
- Calgary, Canada
FlexSteel is a team of hard-working, driven and dedicated people with a shared mission: To responsibly deliver the next generation of pipeline solutions. We are truly “ahead of the curve” in providing quality products, innovative solutions and responsive service to our customers. We value our team members and believe that people perform better when they are an integral part of a winning team. Our philosophy is reflected in the fact that our employees tend to stay with FlexSteel for many years. FlexSteel is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. Explore your future today.
Performs high frequency sales contacts focused on all existing customer accounts at the applicable Sales Area. Responsible for daily communication transactions preparation of commercial and technical proposals for the sale of FlexSteel in supporting Area and National sales objectives. Key function includes coordination, execution and collaboration with Area Sales Manager, Sales Representatives and overall strategic marketing initiatives at applicable Sales Area.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Coordinate all aspects of proposal production in accordance with firm proposal process, including the assembly and delivery of Proposal Documents, as needed, and defined by Area Sales Manager.
- Work to produce high-quality budgetary proposals and other material on time with minimal disruption to office production.
- Assist in implementation of the company’s marketing strategy, public relations efforts and their development as assigned. Coordinate trade shows, conferences and miscellaneous marketing seminars.
- Organize and maintain all proposal data using company’s CRM programs/systems as appropriate.
- Attend proposal related meetings/presentations as requested.
- May occasionally be required to drive automobile to deliver proposals to potential clients, to DHL or Federal Express, or to the airport, as required to meet submission deadline.
- Support the assigned Area Sales Team with anything from providing customers and prospects marketing materials, material samples from budgetary proposal and contract development phase of a program through award.
- Proactively communicate the status of proposal production on a regular basis to upper management and following through when client has requests.
- Organizes and maintains information on prospects, clients, competitors and their key actors (e.g., changes, accomplishments, other activities, ownership and management, location of operations, and telephone numbers of contacts).
- Supports Area Sales Team forecast reports and maintenance.
- Manage the office environment including answering the main company line, first line of contact for all guests, responsible for all mailings and deliveries, ordering supplies, coordinating the conference room schedule, if needed.
- Support all key account sales meetings as necessary.
- Support all trade show and Area conferences as necessary.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
- There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Must possess the ability to read, analyze and interpret Client Specifications, Industry Codes and Standards.
- Must possess the ability to prepare technical documents.
- Must possess the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must possess the ability to work and communicate well in team-environment with other Managers, Sales Representatives in efforts to achieve all sales objectives.
- Must possess the ability to effectively communicate with all internal functional areas of Company in order to facilitate and achieve all sales objectives.
- Must possess an excellent understanding of English usage and ability to communicate with all types of people on the phone, via email or more formal communications.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills a must, including ability to work with minimal supervision, ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines and multiple tasks.
- Must possess an exceptional ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must possess the ability to work under pressure without sacrificing quality.
- Must demonstrate professional ethics and demeanor at all times.
- Must possess the ability to meet deadlines; plan, organize and coordinate all elements of complex technical documents; and rewrite, adapt and tailor qualification material, including company introductions, letters, resumes and project descriptions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s Degree with 1 to 3 years of related experience or commensurate combination of education and experience.
- Job requires excellent organizational and communication skills and ability to work under the pressure of multiple deadlines.
- Computer skills required and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and other software programs.
- Exceptional aptitude and understanding of CRM and ERP systems, processes, and procedures.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.