Area Sales Representative - North Dakota
- Killdeer, ND
FlexSteel is a team of hard-working, driven and dedicated people with a shared mission: To responsibly deliver the next generation of pipeline solutions. We are truly “ahead of the curve” in providing quality products, innovative solutions and responsive service to our customers. We value our team members and believe that people perform better when they are an integral part of a winning team. Our philosophy is reflected in the fact that our employees tend to stay with FlexSteel for many years. FlexSteel is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. Explore your future today.
Performs direct sales contact and sales development work at the operations level calling on operator, engineering, and installation contractors in applicable Area offices or headquarters. Supports and liaisons with Customer Accounts Manager, Area Sales Manager and develops and refers leads according to Sales Team alignment. Reports to Area Sales Manager. This is a field based outside sales position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Calls and/or visits existing customers and target accounts to identify needs, establish buying cycles and to facilitate a strong customer-supplier relationship.
- Ensures the timely review, strategy developments, accurate evaluations and effective bids on all inquiries
- Develops and maintains direct line responsibilities with key accounts, ensuring a climate of positive business relationships with customers to meet or exceed sales targets for the assigned area
- Continually evaluates the market within assigned areas, remains totally aware of the competitive environment and profitable status of each account
- Identify opportunities to grow the regional customer base and prepare action plans to convert sales prospects into new accounts.
- Conduct technical presentations and discussions to promote the product.
- Visits to ongoing installation projects to understand product applications and to help in developing strong customer relationships.
- Participate in local marketing events such as seminars and trade shows.
- Identify and resolve client concerns should any arise.
- Prepare a variety of status reports such as sales forecasts, and progress to goals.
- Travel extensively within the region and as necessary to support scheduled sales meetings.
- Perform other duties as directed.
This position may be responsible for directing or coordinating the work activities of others. The following positions report directly to this position:
- None at this time
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Proven sales track record.
- Work requires significant local/overnight travel to current and potential clients.
- Requires the possession of a valid state driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Ability to research and analyze market data.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Responsible and reliable while working independently.
- Ability to work well within a team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self motivating and directing.
- Ability to close a sale.
- Ability to develop customer relations/markets.
- Basic finance skills.
- Passion for obtaining sales results.
- Confident with cold calls.
- Committed to achieving sales target(s).
- Ability to present and convey the company’s value proposition.
- Propensity to effectively utilize technical sales tools provided by the company.
- Demonstrate desire to train and learn industry standards and applications.
- Eagerness to learn the business/industry to enhance themselves to becoming a valued resource to customers.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-10 years experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of oil/gas business with upstream, pipeline experience.
- Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques.
- Proficiency with Salesfore.com or similar type of CRM package a plus
- Miller Heiman Certified a plus
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.