Field Operations Supervisor
- Denver, CO
FlexSteel is a team of hard-working, driven and dedicated people with a shared mission: To responsibly deliver the next generation of pipeline solutions. We are truly “ahead of the curve” in providing quality products, innovative solutions and responsive service to our customers. We value our team members and believe that people perform better when they are an integral part of a winning team. Our philosophy is reflected in the fact that our employees tend to stay with FlexSteel for many years. FlexSteel is an equal opportunity and at-will employer. Explore your future today.
The Field Operations Supervisor is responsible for regional in-field activities and resources in support of FlexSteel installation projects. Directly supervises work crews to assure work is completed effectively and efficiently. Manages field related customer service issues.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual in this position must use initiative and judgment arranging job details to achieve predetermined objectives. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises in-field operations to meet goals with available resources. Works closely with Field Operations Superintendant and Field Operations Coordinator to assure schedules and priorities are congruent and client needs are being met.
- Assures Company image and workforce integrity is a top priority for themselves and all subordinates.
- Provides projections for regional manpower and equipment needs to assure maximum utilizations without compromising quality or maintenance needs.
- Works with coordinator to plan and organize work processes, workloads and staff assignments.
- Trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned staff.
- Communicates effectively with staff to convey plans, policies, and procedures and with management to assure proper dissemination of field operations related information and feedback.
- Provides necessary supervision, direction, and assistance to crews and work sites.
- Examines work and techniques for procedural conformance, quality, and timeliness.
- Enforces policies, regulations and safety and health standards.
- Responsible for worksite client communication and developing/maintaining strong relationships with clients and contractors.
- Ensures quality is maintained throughout the construction process. Takes leadership role in resolving any issues related to field work, product delivery, and customer concerns.
- Prepare and distribute summary documents as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Strong supervisory, organizational, decision making, and planning skills are required
- Extensive knowledge of pipeline construction, spoolable product installation, and the associated equipment, maintenance and operational considerations.
- Must be self driven and able to work independently.
- Must demonstrate the ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work assignments.
- Must be cognizant of deadlines (internal/external) and tenacious in preserving them.
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills
- Strong health and safety emphasis with focus on keeping all appropriate certifications current.
- Computer skills (Excel, MS Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree, plus at least five years experience in a pipeline construction (or related industry) with supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those typical of a pipeline construction environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Those typical of global pipeline construction environments
- Occasional National and/or International travel to support new or existing installations may be required.
FlexSteel is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunities to employees and applicants in accordance with all applicable laws. FlexSteel’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veterans status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. M/F/D/V.