Pet Care Team - Pet Sitter
- Elmhurst, IL
Caring for two of pet parents' most precious assets (their pets and their home) while they are away, Floofins & Co. is a team of professional, experienced, patient, mature and reliable caregivers, providing customized pet care solutions for busy pet parents.
Floofins & Co. pet care team members have a sincere desire to work with animals as a long-term career and are committed to continuing their education in the pet care industry. They are experienced both through paid and/or volunteer work and are simply petcentric pet parents themselves.
Floofins & Co. is bonded and insured and is a National Association of Professional Pet Sitters (NAPPS) certified company. We verify references and perform background checks and drug tests so you don’t have to! Our sitters are trained in our internal Floofin U program which consists of a basic proficiency in pet care ranging from dogs and cats to lizards and parakeets, along with behavior training and a certification through the Red Cross in dog and cat first aid and CPR.
Floofins & Co. provides dog walking, pet sitting and dog training services in Elmhurst, Oak Park, La Grange, Naperville, Wheaton and surrounding areas along with additional services such as poop scoop, pet taxi and pet parent education courses.
At Floofins and Co. we define "Floofin" as a furry family member and aim to treat our clients as we would our own Floofins. Though our “Co.” has many furry clients, we also care for feathered, finned and scaled friends. They are all Floofins to us.
- Pet sitters must be comfortable performing new client consultations, which are essentially interviews, for new pet sitting jobs. Sitters must also be comfortable referring to existing client notes and filling in for Pet Care Team members that are unable to service a primary client.
- Pet sitting visits range from 30 minutes to full overnights and are usually done at roughly the same time each day to keep continuity for the animals. For example, most cat sitting assignments consist of one visit per day while dog sitting assignments can range from 2-4 visits per day along with extended evening and overnight visit requests. Most pet sitting assignments are 1-2 weeks in length, but some may just be over a weekend. Visits are spread out during pet sitting hours of 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pet sitters must be willing to take on all types of assignments.
- Time will be spent walking dogs, feeding animals, cleaning up any messes you (or they) have made, scooping litter boxes and picking up poop. Having TLC and playtime with the pets is of utmost importance. Mail and newspaper pick up, trash removal, light+blind/curtain rotation and and house plant care are also included.
- Sitters will be required to check in with the office software systems to confirm that everything is moving forward and has been completed.
- Sitters will also be required to leave detailed notes send e-mail and/or text messages inclusive of photos and/or videos to each owner upon request. Sitters must be comfortable using an iPhone on the job.
- Sitters must be comfortable holding keys to clients homes and take responsibility to not lose keys or lock out.
- Sitters must respect client confidentiality. Friends and/or children should not be present on visits nor should sitters discuss with anyone that a particular client is away.
- Due to the bonding that occurs between a sitter and animal, we require at least a ONE YEAR commitment to working with Floofins & Company. Employees must also be willing to attend continuing education courses as requested by Floofins & Company management.
- In-home pet care company is seeking friendly, pet loving individuals who are reliable independent workers, for vacation pet care.
- Pet sitting visits are performed primarily between 6AM-10PM along with potential for overnight assignments.
- Must have a reliable car and be comfortable using an iPhone.
- Previous experience with animals preferred, but will train the right candidate.
- Must live in or within 5 miles of one of our service areas. (www.floofinsandco.com/our-services/complete-service-area-list/)
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must sign employment agreement committing to at least ONE YEAR of service.
- Full job descriptions and online application available at (www.floofinsandco.com/apply)
SUPPLEMENTAL INCOME. Starting at $10-$12/hour plus a limited travel time allowance per visit. This is a part-time job.
To Be Considered For Employment:
PLEASE VIEW OUR ONLINE APPLICATION. www.floofinsandco.com/apply.