- 78 E Center Street, Kanab, UT
- Salaried/Hourly: Hourly
- FLSA Type: Non-Exempt
- Employment Category: Seasonal
The Bartender prepares drinks, takes food orders, runs food, accurately operates a cash register and POS system, keeps bar products stocked, keeps a clean and orderly bar, and provides excellent customer service.
- Learns and maintains complete knowledge of restaurant menu items, prices and specifications for placing guest orders.
- Greets guests promptly and professionally.
- Records food and drink orders from guests, enters orders accurately and delivers food, alcohol and other beverages to guests.
- Sells and prepares beverages/drinks to established guidelines and procedures while providing excellent customer service.
- Ensures bar is properly stocked and prepped before the beginning of each assigned shift.
- Properly enforces state and federal liquor laws including checking identification before serving customers alcohol.
- Follows sanitation codes and procedures to maintain compliance.
- Maintains proper beer, liquor and wine costs.
- Follows established wait staff and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Performs proper accounting procedures to use the computer system, making deposits and completing closing reports.
- Performs proper bar closing procedures, cleaning the bar and seating areas, restocking the bar and FOH where needed, and ensuring the building is secured when leaving.
- Rotates inventory when appropriate.
- Completes cleaning projects as assigned.
- Reports tips accurately at the end of each shift.
- Knows and follows all company, Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Programs and policies.
- Works extra shifts and hours as required.
- Assists in other departments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be 19 years of age (21 in UT).
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Able to work quickly and handle high volumes during peak hours in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to learn all company training materials.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proper and accurate money handling and cash counting skills.
- Able to operate a cash register, point-of-sale systems and credit card machine.
- Knowledge of proper food handling, food storage, and sanitation procedures
- Proper food handling, alcohol, or equivalent certifications or ability to obtain upon hire.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- Must be able to understand normal conversation and accurately communicate information.
- Ability to stand and walk on paved, unpaved, uneven and sometimes slippery surfaces for extended periods of time.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, push, pull, twist and turn repetitively.
- Reach down, forward and overhead frequently.
- Ability to operate a cash register, POS and credit card machine.
- Manual dexterity to grasp and handle bottles and small kitchen utensils.
- Use small kitchen utensils such as corkscrew, bottle opener, peelers, knives, etc.
- Use a dolly, pulling it up inclined ramps.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB DUTIES:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent and one-year front-of-the-house work experience, or equivalent combination of work experience and education required.
- Prior bartending work experience with demonstrable cocktail and wine knowledge highly preferred.
- Previous work experience using cash register, credit card machine and POS system preferred.