Senior Internal Audit Analyst
- Jacksonville , FL
Fortegra Financial Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Financial Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Financial Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The mission of the Internal Audit department is
to provide independent, reasonable objective assurance and consulting services
designed to add value and improve operations. The Senior Internal Audit Analyst is
expected to constructively work with Finance and other departments to
improve internal controls across the organization.
The Senior Internal Audit Analyst will be responsible for supervising and performing
assigned internal audit projects, as part of the overall internal audit plan
approved by the audit committee. This
responsibility will include: 1) evaluating existing internal control
documentation, testing current processes and procedures and providing
recommendations; 2) developing internal audit scopes; 3) performing internal
audit procedures; 4) supervising work performed by others; 5) reviewing work
prepared by others; 6) coaching and mentoring staff; and 4) preparing internal
audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. Audit projects will include financial,
operational, compliance (including SOX) and IT processes. This position is expected to become very
familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Perform complex-level professional internal audit work, involving leading and conducting audit projects
- Able to assign audit work to internal audit staff as needed
- Capable of interviewing individuals in various financial and operational positions regarding day-to-day duties and SOX controls
- Perform and document walkthroughs of SOX controls
- Perform and document SOX controls testing
- Test compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Recommend process and policy improvements
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are implemented
- Complete assigned audit procedures
- Summarize and communicate audit findings
- Prepare sufficient working paper documentation to support audit procedures performed and conclusions reached for assigned projects
- Review work performed by others and provide coaching to improve the work of staff
- Ensures consistent administration of the Internal Audit Departments quality assurance and improvement program
- Provide assistance to the external auditors as needed to provide efficiencies and reduce audit fees
- Provide key input into the development of the annual internal audit plan
- Provide key support to the annual risk assessment
- Willingness to travel out of town on an as needed basis, 20 – 30% expected
- Assists Internal Audit Management in the preparation of various reports and documents for the Audit Committee’s review during their periodic meetings
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or relatedbusiness disciplines required
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification or currentprogress towards certification required
- 3-5 years of prior public accounting or internal audit experience required
- At least one year of supervisory experience is required
- Considerable knowledge of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, COSO, COBIT and risk assessment practices required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently with limited required direction and guidance, with competency to take initiative and utilize independent judgment
- Ability to work on and manage simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Team oriented individual
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Maintain personal and professional competency through appropriate participation in professional organizations and continuing education opportunities.
- Strong time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Insurance experience preferred
- Experience related to auditing information systems preferred
This is a full-time, benefited position.
Limited relocation assistance may be available.