IT Services Manager
- Jacksonville , FL
Fortegra Financial Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Financial Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Financial Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida
The User’s Services Manager will be responsible for overseeing the AS400 & Help Desk team. He/she will manage and monitor day to day operations including assigning work, managing expectations, ensuring SLAs are met and supervision of 6 associates. This position will report to the Manager of Network Operations. The successful candidate will need to be focused on quality, capable of developing and motivating a team of people and be able to convert ideas into action.
- iSeries Management
- System performance and application evaluation
- Acquisitions and Deployment
- Disaster Recovery iSeries
- Security and compliance
- Manage staff in all aspects of daily operations on an IBM iSeries system.
- Handle all aspects of iSeries hardware upgrades including planning, install and budgeting.
- Handle all iSeries software upgrades including OS/400 upgrades, PTF’s, Server Firmware, third party software and service pack installs.
- Manage iSeries servers running multiple partitions.
- Administer all aspects of iTera’s High Availability 5.0 product.
- Perform system tuning and capacity planning utilizing performance tools.
- Research and plan purchase of a new hardware and software solutions.
- Manage and audit all FTP access to server including setup, coordination and PGP encryption.
- Perform all functions as Security Officer including system access, audits and reporting.
- Manage and setup nightly job schedules, month end processes and automation of report generation, data base updates, and email/pager system message notification.
- Create and revise all operational policies and procedures.
- Create CL programs and advanced queries to assist all departments of company.
- Develop web access and customized pages using iSeries access for the web.
- Configure and implement integrated xSeries server on Production iSeries.
- Manage disaster recovery planning and perform annual recovery tests at recovery site.
- Administer all aspects of audit compliance as they relate to the iSeries platform. This includes accomplishing and maintaining PCI compliance, SAS70 compliance and other department of insurance requirements.
- Provide change control authority on all program changes as they affect iSeries operations.
- Help Desk Management
- Manage 300 user technical help desk servicing both internal and external customers.
- Manage desktop support personnel in support of a 300 user community.
- Assign, schedule and monitor Help Desk requests.
- Addresses escalated help desk support issues.
- Works closely with IT management on top priorities related to the Help Desk.
- Vendor Management – Mobile Devices, West IP, IBM iSeries
- Generates incremental Help Desk metrics reports to quantify Help Desk performance.
- Develops metrics and templates to evaluate technical support issue response times.
- Develops a training framework and programs for employee development.
- Assists in preparation of department budgets and business plans for purchasing new system, hardware and other IT supplies.
- Creates and documents repeatable processes for the Help Desk.
- Schedules and coordinates after hour’s technical assistance coverage.
- Develop, document and coordinate Service Level Agreements for the Help Desk.
- Provide metrics and reports as requested by business units, internal audit and security and compliance manager.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures as they pertain to help desk functions and operations.
- 5 – 7 years of successful management experience with 5 – 7 years of iSeries experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- MCTS, IBM Certified Operator
- Self-starter attitude
- Adaptability to change
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proven commitment
- Strong desire to achieve
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent follow up skills
- Ability to work independently on projects
- Ability to analyze, organize and present metrics data in Excel and PowerPoint
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010
- Experience with ManageEngine Service Desk Plus
- Experience with Microsoft 365
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
Must be able to provide periodic on-call support for evenings and weekends.