IT Project Manager
- Jacksonville , FL
Fortegra Financial Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Financial Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Financial Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Manage Software Development project activities through the entire SDLC for multiple projects.
- Work collaboratively with development team, business units and the project team to determine business requirements, technical approach to system design and implementation.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Create, manage and track project artifacts, including, but not limited to project schedules, detailed project plans, statements of work, cost estimates, resource plans, presentations, risk and issues logs, and status reports.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers concerning project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Drive key decisions across projects. Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting and timelines.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning. Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders. Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Computer Science or related field.
- A Minimum of 5 years of process improvement, business analysis and software development project management experience required. Experience with RPG, DB2, .Net &/or SQL preferred.
- PMP required
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems development.
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience working independently as well as leading cross-functional project teams.
- Ability to adjust and set priorities to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects and manage estimated project costs.
This is a full-time, benefit eligible position.
Must be able to provide periodic on-call support for evenings and weekends.