Internal Audit Analyst
- Jacksonville , FL
Fortegra Financial Corporation, an insurance services company, provides insurance-related products and distribution and administration services in the United States. The company was formerly known as Life of the South Corporation and changed its name to Fortegra Financial Corporation in 2008. Fortegra Financial Corporation was incorporated in 1981 and is based in Jacksonville, Florida.
The mission of the Internal Audit department is
to provide independent, reasonable objective assurance and consulting services
designed to add value and improve operations. The Internal Audit Analyst is
expected to constructively work with Finance and other departments to
improve internal controls across the organization.
The Internal Audit Analyst will be responsible for performing assigned internal
audit projects, as part of the overall internal audit plan approved by the
audit committee. This responsibility
will include assistance in: 1) evaluating existing internal control
documentation, testing current processes and procedures and providing
recommendations; 2) developing internal audit scopes; 3) performing internal
audit procedures; and 4) preparing internal audit reports reflecting the
results of the work performed. Audit
projects will include financial, operational, compliance (including SOX) and IT
processes. This position is expected to
become very familiar with company policies and procedures.
- Interview individuals in various financial and operational positions regarding day-to-day duties and SOX controls
- Perform and document walkthroughs of SOX controls
- Perform and document SOX controls testing
- Test compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Recommend process and policy improvements
- Follow up to ensure that approved recommendations are implemented
- Complete assigned audit procedures
- Summarize and communicate audit findings
- Prepare sufficient working paper documentation to support audit procedures performed and conclusions reached for assigned projects.
- Provide assistance to the external auditors as needed to provide efficiencies and reduce audit fees
- Willingness to travel out of town on an as needed basis, 20 – 30% expected
Undergraduate degree in Accounting or related
business disciplines required
- 1-3 years of prior public accounting or internal audit experience required
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification or current progress towards certification required
- Basic knowledge of internal control concepts, internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work independently with limited required direction and guidance
- Ability to work on simultaneous projects and teams
- Ability to respond to internal requests for support and assistance in a prompt and professional manner
- Team oriented individual
- Ability to work in a confidential manner due to access to information of a sensitive nature
- Maintain personal and professional competency through appropriate participation in professional organizations and continuing education opportunities.
- Strong time management, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Insurance experience preferred
- Experience related to auditing information systems preferred
This is a full-time, benefited position.
Limited relocation assistance may be available.