Pay Per Click (PPC) Digital Marketing & Media Specialist
- Houston, TX
Forthea is seeking an energetic, entrepreneurial and effective Paid Search Manager to help drive strategy, value and success of our rapidly growing client base. This person should be comfortable engaging, negotiating and consulting with outside vendors as well as developing relationships with various management levels and organizational teams. The Paid Search Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing and analyzing paid search engine marketing activities. This position is key to future growth and will be responsible for the top-to-bottom management of our clients’ pay-per-click (PPC) activities.
You will be working closely with account management across the company and serve as an integral part of the service organization and the company’s overall growth. Success at Forthea comes from someone who is naturally energetic, entrepreneurial, effective, and humble and who simply hates to lose.
- Paid Search Specialists/Planners are the day-to-day focal point of the account. The paid search specialist is expected to have a complete and unquestioned understanding of their assigned clients digital initiatives and client’s overall business and marketing objectives
- The paid search specialist is a steward of the online planning process and is expected to provide mid-level strategic recommendations to the senior digital and media teams and/or the client. The position is usually supported by the Assistant Specialist and reports to the VP of Operations & Client Services
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the marketing team and top executives
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Day-to-day management of the search plan including oversight of bid recommendations, execution details, budgets/accounting
- Develop near and long-term PPC account strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase revenue, site traffic, conversion and margins
- Keyword analysis – build keyword lists, analyse search volume and make recommendations
- Work closely with search engine reps on proposals and optimization plans
- Campaign bid management and optimization using tracking tools determined by the client
- Google Analytics metrics analysis to gauge user engagement and campaign performance beyond the click
- Development of text creative for paid search listings
- Ongoing ad copy testing
- Training of Asst. Specialists and oversight of their deliverables
- Management of client billing, budgets and reporting
- 1-3 years SEM experience with a strong background of planning and buying online campaigns
- Good writing and verbal communication skills (including presentation skills)
- Strong analytic skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Proficient at managing projects and able to multi-task, organize, prioritize and structure workload
- Proficient with Search engine interfaces, tracking tools (ad serving) and procedures (both search and online)
- Google Adwords professional (GAP) certified
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent client and account service record; track record of accomplishing successful results for clients.
- Experience with writing, presenting and executing effective communications, media or interactive marketing plans
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communications, Consulting or similar
- Minimum Computer Experience: Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Minimum Attitude: Superb
This is a full-time, on-site position. (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below). Compensation shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude).
Location: Central Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
Please apply through this listing by following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and your (2) recent salary history. In addition, please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. Our hiring process is not quick and will often involve 3 or 4 in person meetings if not more. We take our time to ensure that we bring the right people into the Forthea fold. Be prepared.
No calls or recruiters, please.