Senior Digital Marketing Graphic Designer
- Houston, TX
Forthea is an award-winning digital marketing agency that improves lead generation for clients by focusing on superior data analytics and creative executions that produce measurable results. Forthea’s rock-solid commitment to core values and sustained business excellence has led to successful partnerships with a variety of B2B and B2C clients around the world. Forthea was founded in 2006 in Houston, where it maintains its U.S. corporate headquarters.
Forthea has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Houston, one of the fastest-growing companies in Houston, and one of the largest Houston-area advertising agencies. Forthea President Christopher Pappas has been recognized as one of Houston’s top young business leaders.
The Sr Digital Marketing Designer will be responsible for design and production of web UIs, online advertisements, brand packages, HTML emails, mobile promotions, social media promotions and other online media. Candidates must have strong background in web design. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching designs, and solid experience understanding client needs. This position reports directly to the VP of Client Services.
---Core Job Responsibilities---
- Develop web page UI mockups, online advertisements, brand packages, HTML emails, mobile promotions and social media promotions that meet the business objectives of the client and overall brand strategy
- Quickly generate professional, fresh and relevant design and production elements from functional requirements, client preferences and (where applicable) high-fidelity prototypes/wireframes
- Lead creative sessions with client and team when either gathering business, user and marketing requirements, or presenting creative ideas and deliverables
- Work with marketing specialists to develop UX improvements, verified by testing
- Work with developers to ensure proper implementation
- Collaborate with and take direction well from Account Managers with clients’ needs in mind
- Provide quality control over concepts and projects
- Juggle multiple tasks/design projects at once, while still meeting deadlines
- Work with internal teams to generate ideas for pitches and proposals
- Stay up-to-date with latest trends in design and maintain a high level of expertise in digital marketing and technology
- Evangelize about design and lead creative activities with internal teams
- 4+ years of web design experience (agency preferred)
- Portfolio of work samples
- Deep understanding and passion for IA, UI design, layouts, graphic fundamentals and typography
- Exceptional design aesthetic
- Demonstrated expertise in best practices designing for the web
- Ability to balance design aesthetic and user experience with accessibility, usability and web standards
- Strong proficiency of applicable digital design tools, e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.
- Visual problem solver
- High standard of excellence, and detail orientation
- Able to communicate effectively
- Strong desire to learn and prove oneself professionally
- Great “can-do” attitude. Self-motivated, team player
This is a full-time, on-site position. (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below). Compensation shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude).
Location: Central Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
Please apply through this listing by following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and your (2) recent salary history. In addition, please include the following attachment(s):
- Samples of your work: PDF portfolio, or website link
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point aross.
We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. Our hiring process is not quick and will often involve 3 or 4 in person meetings if not more. We take our time to ensure that we bring the right people into the Forthea fold. Be prepared.
No calls or recruiters, please.