Junior Sales Coordinator
- Houston, TX
Forthea, a data-driven interactive agency in Houston, TX, is seeking a Junior Sales Coordinator to qualify new inbound business opportunities, prospect targeted opportunities and provide general support for the sales team. By identifying the business goals and critical issues of prospective buyers, you will determine whether they are a fit for our market leading online marketing services, including SEO, PPC/SEM, social media, email/CRM marketing and web design and development.
You will be the first step in the process to present Forthea to Senior Executives at prospective client companies. If you are goal-oriented, resilient, organized and a team player, look no further. This is an entry-level position, with no previous sales experience required. Success in this role will lead to promotions into other sales positions within the company.
We invest tremendously in our sales force and continuously provide the team with proper support and planning to ensure success. From SEO education, to outside strategic sales training, explosive growth in marketing budgets and strategic partnerships with market leaders like Google and Facebook, we are consistently arming our people with the resources and opportunities to get better and best represent Forthea as we continue our charge as a leading Interactive Agency in the Southwest.
- Qualify new business opportunities for Forthea’s Business Development team by identifying business goals and critical issues from marketing leads coming inbound through the website or other sources.
- Prospect and qualify new business opportunities through cold calling, email, walk-ins and networking events.
- Communicate Forthea’s value proposition to senior executives at prospective client companies.
- Build rapport with executives at prospective client companies through discussion of sales, business, and technology issues.
- Present Forthea’s value proposition clearly and confidently by voice, email, and in person presentations.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to create lead generation best practices and optimize processes.
- Stay abreast of all current agency accounts for reference in new business presentations.
- Responding to requests for information from prospects with appropriate documentation.
- Schedule and occasionally lead Discovery meetings to present company’s services and determine needs of the prospective client.
- Create and manage the marketing calendar, tracking the progress of each marketing campaign, budget, current status and results.
- Create and implement marketing initiatives that support business development strategies such as: email marketing campaigns, social media campaigns, event planning, public relations, direct mail, and speaking opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned.
- Competitiveness – Not discouraged easily, and eager to win and learn.
- Oral/Written Communication - Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively; Confident and compelling presentation style; Able to effectively communicate the value proposition of complex solutions; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Varies writing/speaking style to meet specific needs; Exhibits attention to detail.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality -Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Leadership – Respected influencer of others actions and opinions; Eager to assume new responsibility and challenges.
- Technical Skills -Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Client Service - Manages difficult or emotional client situations; Responds promptly to client needs; Solicits client feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Teamwork -Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree from 4-year, accredited college.
- Minimum Experience: None required.
- Minimum Computer Experience: Good Internet, Outlook & Excel skills.
- Minimum Attitude: Superb.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
---Ideal/Icing Qualifications (Non-Required)---
- Over 6-months of experience in a lead generation or market development role.
- Experience with a CRM application, such as Salesforce, ACT or NetSuite.
- Experience with digital marketing services such as SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing & Web Design.
**IMPORTANT: These Ideal/Icing qualifications are simply a “plus”, but NOT AT ALL REQUIRED TO BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. In fact, it is more important to us that the candidate be stronger instead on all the Required Qualifications and Competencies. We’re more than happy to train the right person so they can progress and increase their role with the Company, as we grow.
This is a full-time, on-site position.
Compensation shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude). (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below).
Location: Central Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
Please apply through this listing by following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and your (2) recent salary history. In addition, please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
**We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. This will take 4-6 weeks to play out.
No calls or recruiters, please.