Senior Sales Representative / Account Executive
- Houston, TX
Forthea, a data-driven interactive agency in Houston, TX, is seeking a Senior Sales Representative (Sr. Account Executive) to evangelize & sell our industry leading online marketing services, including SEO, PPC/SEM, social media, web design & development and email/CRM marketing. Forthea is centered on providing accountable solutions with measurable results for our clients. We use state-of-the-art tools, training and processes to implement, manage, track, report and continually improve our clients return from their online marketing investments.
You will be working closely with senior management across the company and serve as an integral part of the sales organization and the company’s overall growth. Success at Forthea comes from someone who is naturally energetic, entrepreneurial, effective and humble and who simply hates to lose. The Senior Account Executive role is responsible for acquiring new clients and generating a specific quarterly and annual revenue quota. Must be awesome at opening doors, and getting appointments from a cold start. Must be highly self-motivated, a terrific presenter and communicator, and an expert closer. Sales management experience is a plus.
---Core Job Responsibilities---
- Independently prospect and qualify new business opportunities by identifying business goals and critical issues.
- Convert qualified prospects into new clients.
- Build rapport with executives at prospective client companies through discussion of sales, business, and technology issues.
- Follow-up on existing leads and cultivate new ones through effective marketing and business development strategies, such as cold-calling, networking in the community, and attending fairs, events, seminars, performances, etc. that present opportunities to promote our services and the company.
- Manage database for prospective targets, including consultants, prospects, current clients, etc.
- Prepare new business proposals and review with prospect, answering any questions they have; work with agency leadership and production departments to develop, if necessary.
- Continue to follow-up and work to close outstanding opportunities not closed during proposal review meeting.
- Provide post-sale support to the Accounts and Production teams, including making introductions, leading kickoff meetings, handing off requirements and addressing outstanding issues related to the sales, if they arise.
- Periodic meetings with Account Manager to review success status.
- Periodic meetings with Client to review overall progress, strategy, satisfaction and any new needs.
- Stay abreast of all current agency accounts for reference in new business presentations.
- Assist agency leadership with research, and information gathering.
- Work closely with the sales and marketing team to create lead generation best practices and optimize processes and collateral.
- Able to travel locally and out of town as needed.
- Conscientiousness – Strong sense of duty, responsibility and reliability.
- Initiative – Self-starter / “Hunter” attitude (persistence and regular follow-ups). Highly resourceful.
- Leadership – Respected influencer of others actions and opinions.
- Competitiveness – Not discouraged easily, and hates to lose.
- Modesty – Not ostentatious, or full of bravado.
- Measurement Orientation – Fixated on achieving goals and continuously measuring performance against goals.
- Curiosity – Strong hunger for knowledge and information. Continual self-development.
- Organization – Highly organized, and time efficient.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree from 4-year, accredited college
- Minimum Experience: 2-3+ years account executive/sales experience (preferably with an agency)
- Proven success in developing new business, writing client proposals and managing complex sales cycles from generating leads to closing deals.
- Proven track record of penetrating and expanding solid accounts.
- Proven track record of exceeding quotas and goals.
- Experience in selling in a competitive environment.
- Minimum Computer Experience: Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
---Ideal/Icing Qualifications (Non-Required)---
- 4+ years direct sales experience (preferably with an agency).
- Any advertising sales and/or professional services sales experience (e.g. newspaper advertising, billboard / outdoor advertising, TV advertising, radio advertising, etc.)
- Strong executive-level/decision-maker contacts in enterprise and mid-market companies, in such verticals as: Real Estate (Builders, Developers, Contractors); Dealerships / Automotive; Hospitals / Surgery Centers; Legal / Law Firm Sales; Apartment Services Sales.
- Proven track record of being able to build and manage a sales force.
- Experience with digital marketing services such as SEO, PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing & Web Design.
- Experience with a CRM application, such as Salesforce, ACT or NetSuite.
- Experience using website analytics software (Omniture, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, etc) a plus.
**IMPORTANT: These Ideal/Icing qualifications are simply a “plus”, but NOT AT ALL REQUIRED TO BE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
This is a full-time, on-site position.
Location: Houston, TX (Possible relocation assistance provided for qualified candidates.)
Compensation package shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude). (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below).
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
Please apply through this listing by following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and your (2) recent salary history. In addition, please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
**We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. This will take at least 4-6 weeks to play out.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
No calls or recruiters, please.