Junior HR Generalist / HR Coordinator
- Houston, TX
Forthea Interactive (www.forthea.com), a fast-growing internet marketing agency based in Houston, TX, is looking for the right person to help support its leading team in a full-time, multi-faceted human resources position.
This position reports directly to the President of the Company.
Besides being good at what they do, ideal candidates will have an outstanding attitude, aptitude, analytical and organizational skills. Moreover, they will appreciate the camaraderie and experience that comes when working in a smart, growing business and fun industry.
---Core Job Responsibilities---
- Establishes and maintains planning, control and reporting activities.
- Develops short and long-range strategic plans for effective recruitment, development and staff utilization.
- Works with sales and operations teams to project current and future staffing needs.
- Coordinates recruitment activities, including dissemination of job descriptions, scheduling interviews and testing, conducting pre-interview assessments before handing off to the hiring unit, and performing background checks.
- Completes new hire orientation with staff.
- Schedules and compiles requisite information for periodic performance reviews of staff.
- Performs salary and perquisite research. Advises on salary adjustments, and reclassifications and promotions.
- Works with all departments to analyze and determine training needs.
- Generates reports for monitoring and performs trend analyses.
- Administers on-going health insurance benefits; Researches new options when necessary and executes annual renewals.
- Processes employees’ benefit changes.
- Provides input into development and modification of policies and procedures, and recommends strategies for implementing new and existing policies.
- Updates company handbook when necessary and explains policies and rules to staff and applicants.
- Helps research and plan staff travels.
- Maintains personnel records.
- Provides support in filing documentation and tracking paperwork.
- Resolves issues and requests presented by staff.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives.
- Analytical/Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops solutions; Uses reason.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively; Listens and gets clarification when necessary; Responds informatively to questions; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and concisely; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Managing People - Includes staff in planning and decision-making processes; Develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; Seeks to improve processes, products and services.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to handle frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cost Consciousness - Works within approved budget; Develops and implements cost saving measures; Conserves company resources.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues developmental opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a polite and tactful manner; Maintains composure and reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree from 4-year, accredited college
- Minimum Experience: 0-2+ years of human resources experience
- Minimum Field-of-Expertise: Good knowledge of laws and practices that comply with Federal rules and regulations, safe hiring and firing practices, benefits administration, and record keeping and records retention.
- Minimum Attitude: Great
This is a full-time, on-site position. (See Hiring Process/Application Instructions below). Compensation shall be competitive, and wholly commensurate with experience, ability and attitude (i.e. (i) how well the candidate meets the required qualifications & competencies; (ii) if she/he meets any of the ideal/icing qualifications; and (iii) his/her overall attitude and aptitude).
Location: Central Houston, TX (Greenway Plaza)
---Hiring Process/Application Instructions---
- Please apply through this listing, following the instructions provided. You will be asked for (1) an up-to-date resume/CV and (2) your recent Salary History.
- In addition please include the following attachment(s):
- A brief letter (1-3 paragraphs) that tells us what you can do and why you are the right person for this position. You are welcome to use whatever tools or mechanisms you feel would get the point across.
**We will require multiple solid references; candidate must pass pre-hiring tests. This will take 4-8 weeks to play out.