- Vancouver, Canada
We are a sport sciences foundation and registered charity inspired to collaborate with like-minded organizations and individuals who recognize the power of sport to transform lives. All donations in support of our cause are receipted for charitable and tax purposes.
Young athletes achieving their full potential in a sport culture that helps realize the life-long benefits of sport.
To fund and support world-class sport medicine and science resources, including collaborative research, education, programs and facilities.
The incumbent will be responsible for full cycle recruitment for a variety of positions within the healthcare/sports medicine sector. This is a 6 month contract position.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify key position requirements and draft job descriptions;
- Establish creative and cost efficient ways to advertise job postings;
- Maintain a proactive approach to candidate sourcing strategies;
- Manage expectations with incoming candidates to ensure all applicants feel valued and have a positive experience with Fortius Sport & Health;
- Monitor the careers inbox and ensure applicants are receiving acknowledgement of their application;
- Attend networking events, build rapport and maintain open lines of communication with passive job seekers;
- Administer the interview process to ensure an efficient interviewing process for both the candidate and the hiring managers;
- Conduct behavioral interviews and advise managers on conclusions to assist in making sound hiring decisions;
- Administer pre-employment testing and conduct background/reference checks;
- Prepare offer letters and collaborate with hiring managers to extend offers to prospective employees;
- Control all administrative tasks related to hiring and onboarding new staff members; and
- Coordinate with payroll, IT and all related departments to ensure requirements are met for onboarding.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- University Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management (or equivalent);
- 4+ years of progressive human resources experience with practical hands-on application of key HR competencies;
- Relevant industry (ie: healthcare, sports medicine) experience is an asset; and
- Hands on experience using an applicant tracking system.
- Exceptional oral and written communication;
- Strong interpersonal skills, outgoing and easily able to establish rapport;
- Extremely strong time and task organizational skills;
- Service and results oriented;
- Pro-active, responsive professional, who finds timely solutions to problems;
- Strong team player; and
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
All of your information will be kept in strict confidence.