Exercise Physiologist, Lab & Testing Services
- Vancouver, Canada
The Fortius Institute
The Fortius Institute is an integrated team of sport medicine, science and training leaders committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research. Our institute is resident at the Fortius Athlete Development Centre in the Central Valley Sports Complex in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Fortius Institute, a truly-integrated single professional business unit, is part of Fortius Sport & Health.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
The Fortius Institute is seeking top sport medicine and exercise science practitioners from multiple disciplines who desire to work in an integrated environment, in a collaborative way and with an over-arching commitment to innovation. If you are an exercise physiologist who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you.
Under the direction of the Applied Sport and Exercise Science leadership team and working with the Human Performance Lab Team, the Exercise Physiologist, Lab & Testing Services, will be primarily responsible for the daily physiology operations in the HPL. This will include physiological measurement and data analyses, maintenance and upkeep of lab equipment, and the recruitment of subjects for research when required. This individual must be open to working in an integrated laboratory setting alongside Applied Biomechanists.
- Responsible for data collection and processing for on-going exercise physiology clinical services and research studies
- Responsible for the processing of exercise physiology data using a variety of equipment and software
- Maintenance and calibration of Exercise Physiology laboratory equipment
- Update and modify testing protocols and procedure changes as they arise
- Collaborate with Applied Biomechanists and others in the Professional Practice as required
- Contribute to the on-going initiatives of the HPL Team to create and conduct relevant research projects of the HPL that lead to innovative training and monitoring techniques as well as injury prevention and treatment interventions
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- M.Sc. degree in Exercise Physiology or related field is required
- CSEP-Certified Exercise Physiologist (CSEP-CEP) is required
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a high performance exercise physiology lab or similar setting required
- ISAK certification desired and phlebotomy certification would be an asset
- Experience collecting data in a variety of areas, such as metabolic and cardiorespiratory fitness (ParvoMedics), pulmonary function, blood sampling, thermal monitoring (core temperature, hydration, and sweat analysis), and heart rate variability
- Proficiency using a variety of software programs (LabVIEW, MatLab, SRM/Golden Cheetah/WKO, Siliconcoach) would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office computer applications, with strong proficiency in Excel
- Experience working with elite athletes at a national, international, or professional level an asset
- Experience in athlete monitoring, data review and analysis, and reporting would be an asset
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary sport science and medicine team would be an asset
As a member of the Fortius Institute team, practitioners must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.