- Vancouver, Canada
The Fortius Institute is an integrated team of sport and exercise medicine leaders committed to the best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research. Our Institute – which is part of Fortius Sport & Health and resides at the heart of the Fortius Athlete Development Centre in Burnaby, B.C. – is seeking individuals predisposed to working in a team environment synonymous with integration, collaboration and innovation. If you are interested in joining our team, we are looking forward to hearing from you.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
The Fortius Institute is seeking top sport medicine and exercise science practitioners from multiple disciplines who desire to work in an integrated environment, in a collaborative way and with an over-arching commitment to innovation. If you are a kinesiologist, who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Therapy Lead, the Kinesiologist, Hydrotherapy will use the Hydroworx 2000 underwater treadmill and hot and cold plunge pools for active rehabilitation and conditioning programs. They will be integrated within the therapy and performance teams to provide return to sport rehabilitation and sport specific conditioning using the Hydroworx 2000 system. This position is also responsible for the implementation of best practices in injury prevention, rehabilitation, and strength and conditioning.
- In collaboration with the therapy and performance teams, design and implement training programs using the Hydroworx 2000 underwater treadmill for rehabilitation and sports training purposes
- Foster Fortius client relationships with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and customer service oriented approach
- In collaboration with the therapy and performance teams, perform functional movement screens and incorporate results of functional, physiological and biomechanical assessments into client training programs
- Prepare and deliver educational seminars on a variety of health and fitness conditioning topics for a diverse Fortius Health clientele
- Work with clients to set and achieve functional goals
- Provide exceptional customer service - creating and cultivating optimal client-coach relationships
- Work with the building maintenance staff to ensure proper sanitization of the therapy pools
- Assist Therapy staff as required
- Maintain knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintain all professional certifications
- Participate in department meetings, clinical training, and inservices
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Participate in clinical studies and research activities as required
- Maintain training area in a safe and clean manner
- Maintain client records and detailed scheduling information according to internal policy manual and expectations
- Actively prospect and pursue new contacts and clients and contribute to marketing activities including social media initiatives
- Assist with assessing quality of client care
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- Post-secondary education (preferably a Masters) with a focus on Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sports Sciences or a related field
- Athletic therapy certification considered a desirable asset
- Current exercise physiology and strength and conditioning credentials/certifications are expected (i.e. CSEP-CEP, NSCA-CSCS, CSEP-CPT, ACSM Exercise Specialist, or equivalents)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a practicing kinesiologist in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience in the delivery of Aquatic Therapy programs is an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
As a member of the Fortius Institute team, practitioners must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.