- Vancouver, Canada
The Fortius Institute
The Fortius Institute is an integrated team of sport medicine, science and training leaders committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research. Our institute is resident at the Fortius Athlete Development Centre in the Central Valley Sports Complex in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Fortius Institute, a truly-integrated single professional business unit, is part of Fortius Sport & Health.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
The Fortius Institute is seeking top sport medicine and exercise science practitioners from multiple disciplines who desire to work in an integrated environment, in a collaborative way and with an over-arching commitment to innovation. If you are a Sport Physician who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you.
The Sport Physician will provide primary care sport medical services for clients within the Fortius Institute. S/he will possess skills and knowledge including an excellent range of clinical treatment skills, excellence in the understanding and delivery of rehabilitative medicine from assessment to return to play and demonstrate the highest standards of professional and personal conduct, especially confidentiality. In addition they will have significant post qualification experience, including a Diploma in Sports Medicine or equivalent. The successful candidate will have significant experience working in elite sport with a multidisciplinary sports science and medicine team and experience in coordinating and integrating with therapist and other members of the care team in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies.
- Provide assessment, consultation, treatment and follow-up of Fortius Institute clients
- Engage in the development and delivery of injury prevention programs, including screening, assessment and implementation of injury prevention strategies
- Maintain all legal and professional qualifications in relation to own profession
- Provide event and training camp medical coverage services as required
- Communicate as required with Medical Lead and other members of the Fortius Institute practitioner team
- Maintain expert knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols, as well as professional certifications
- Participate and lead in department meetings, clinical training, and in-services
- Assist with evaluation of students and junior clinical staff
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Assist with assessing quality of patient care
- Participate in clinical studies and research activities as required
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Maintain the treatment area in a safe and clean manner
- Meet caseload expectations as mutually agreed upon with therapy supervisor
- Charting done to policy manual and College expectations
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
- Maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Physician in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC and adequate malpractice insurance
- Significant 10+ years of post-graduate experience, including Diploma in Sports Medicine, or equivalent
- Possess ACLS certification
- Experience working in elite sport alongside a multidisciplinary team of practitioners
- Experience in managing and coordinating other practitioners in the delivery of injury diagnosis, treatment and prevention strategies
- Demonstrate competence in PC literacy and experience using electronic medical record keeping systems
- Excellent range of clinical assessment and treatment skills and clinical reasoning skills
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles and delivery of injury prevention programs and protocols
- Excellent understanding of the principles of human performance and how they relate to clinical sports medicine
- Presentation experience at International Conferences will be considered an asset
As a member of the Fortius Institute team, practitioners must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.