- Vancouver, Canada
The Fortius Institute
The Fortius Institute is an integrated team of sport medicine, science and training leaders committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research. Our institute is resident at the Fortius Athlete Development Centre in the Central Valley Sports Complex in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Fortius Institute, a truly-integrated single professional business unit, is part of Fortius Sport & Health.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
The Fortius Institute is seeking top sport medicine and exercise science practitioners from multiple disciplines who desire to work in an integrated environment, in a collaborative way and with an over-arching commitment to innovation. If you are a dietitian who is interested in joining a team where everyone is committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research and the delivery of integrated services and programs we would love to hear from you.
The Performance Dietitian will provide nutrition consultation services to all Fortius clients including, athletes, teams, coaches and active living individuals. The primary responsibility of this position is to perform nutritional assessments and provide feedback to clients within an interdisciplinary team. The Performance Dietitian will also provide comprehensive nutritional guidance and advice for individuals and teams, deliver educational workshops and skill building training seminars and participate in the development of innovative performance programs and services.
- Provide nutritional services, including assessments, counseling, and ongoing strategic support, and initiate and implement innovated strategies and programs to service Fortius Institute clients
- Provide exceptional customer service, creating and cultivating solid client-coach relationships
- Develop and deliver educational seminars and workshops and create and implement educational resources
- Develop healthy meal plans and oversee their implementation by on-site food service providers
- Engage in special projects and research as required
- Work in an integrated and collaborative manner with Fortius Institute practitioners in the provision of performance service
- Supervise students/interns as required
- Maintain knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintain all professional certifications
- Participate in department meetings, clinical training, and inservices
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Maintain client records and detailed scheduling information according to internal policy manuals and expectations
- Actively prospect and pursue new contacts and clients
- Actively contribute to and lead marketing activities including social media initiatives
- Assist with assessing quality of client care
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Registered Dietitian, BSc in Dietetics or Nutritional Science is required
- IOC Diploma in Sport Nutrition and/or MSc in Exercise Science, Physiology, Sport Nutrition or a related field
- Registered Dietitian in good standing with the College of Dietitians of BC and holds professional liability insurance
- Minimum five years related experience, including working with athletes and providing client counseling
- Experience delivering group presentations using various learning techniques
- Current knowledge of sport nutrition topics, research and applied supplement use and knowledge of nutrition issues facing performance athletes is required
- Demonstrated involvement with sport nutrition networks including conference attendance and active involvement within National or International sport nutrition networks and initiatives
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and initiative
- Experience working with athletes, parents, and coaches
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office computer applications
- Excellent written skills
As a member of the Fortius Institute team, practitioners must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.