Medical and Health Coordinator
- Vancouver, Canada
Fortius Sport & Health is a spectacular new 148,000 sq ft facility in Burnaby, British Columbia that is home to an integrated team of sport & exercise medicine specialists. Sport physicians, orthopaedic surgeons, podiatrists, optometrists, physiotherapists, chiropractors, massage therapists, exercise physiologists, biomechanists, pedorthists, dietitians, psychologists and kinesiologists work together and share their complementary expertise to deliver precise, customized treatment and training plans designed to maximize recovery and performance for athletes of all ages and abilities.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
As a member of the Integration team and reporting to the Integration Services Manager, the Medical and Health Services Coordinator will be responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service to Fortius clients, athletes and/or patients. This position is thirty two hours per week and requires a motivated, energetic, self- directing individual able to work in a busy, professional, multi-tasking environment. Medical and Health Coordinators are required to provide exceptional customer service in a friendly, calm, and personable manner and be able to work accurately and efficiently while interacting in a supportive manner to Fortius’ diverse clients, patients and athletes of all ages. This role is responsible for managing an EMR software system for the administration of client, patient and practitioner information. Wolf Medical Systems is an asset. This is an evolving position and responsibilities may shift over time. Titles may adjust over time to time to accurately reflect responsibilities.
- Responsible for delivering the highest level of customer service within the Institute to Fortius clients, athletes, and/or patients through effective communication both in person and over the
- Confident when welcoming, greeting, assisting clients/patients and giving them direction
- Responsible for efficient and accurate EMR appointment scheduling and billing, including follow
up with clients/patients and/or practitioners
- Performing office related duties both clerical and administrative to ensure services are provided
in an efficient and effective manner
- Excellent computer skills and telephone etiquette, strong organizational skills, ability to work under pressure
- Light cleaning duties including clinic preparation
- Assist in assessing the quality of patient/client care
- Other duties that may be assigned as required
- Undergraduate degree in the health care field would be an asset
- 2-4 years of clerical and administrative medical related experience in the health care industry
- Experience managing clinic scheduling, billing, including MSP (ICD9)
- Current medical records technology knowledge
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Proven multi-tasking and customer service skills
As a member of our Fortius Institute team, individuals must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience alongside Institute colleagues
- Commitment to the principles of integration, collaboration and innovation
- Focused on continuous professional development and maintaining expert knowledge in the field
- Embodiment of a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Dedicated orientation towards results
- Ability to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.