Group Fitness Trainer
- Vancouver, Canada
The Fortius Institute
The Fortius Institute is an integrated team of sport medicine, science and training leaders committed to best practices in prevention, performance, treatment, education and research. Our institute is resident at the Fortius Athlete Development Centre in the Central Valley Sports Complex in Burnaby, British Columbia. The Fortius Institute, a truly-integrated single professional business unit, is part of Fortius Sport & Health.
A sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport.
To help transform sport and health on the strength of the most efficient and effective integration of sport medicine, science and training expertise.
Reporting to the Manager of Fortius Fitness, our Group Trainer will provide group fitness classes for clients as well as remain involved in the development and delivery of fitness programs and services.
- Prepare and deliver group exercise classes in a fun and motivated environment for clients
- Provide exceptional customer service, creating and cultivating solid client-coach relationships
- Collaborate with members the Fortius Sport & Health team to identify, develop and provide desired fitness classes
- Maintain knowledge of all Fortius policies, procedures and protocols
- Maintain all professional certifications
- Participate in department meetings
- Maintain a strong professional presence in the community
- Maintain fitness area in a safe and clean manner
- Actively contribute to marketing activities including social media initiatives
- Assist with assessing quality of client care
- Other duties may be assigned as required
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Post-secondary education with a focus on Kinesiology, Sports Sciences, Strength and Conditioning or a related field is required
- Group Fitness Certification
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a related position responsible for developing and implementing group fitness classes for a variety of client groups
- Current First Aid and CPR
- Able to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
As a member of the Fortius Institute team, practitioners must consistently demonstrate the following:
- Delivery of an exceptional client service experience
- Commitment to collaboration and integration with Institute colleagues
- Stay active in professional development and maintain current expert knowledge in the field
- Embody a philosophy of professionalism, excellence, health and wellness at all times
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective use of time and resources
- Service and results oriented
- Able to work in a diverse, fast-paced and dynamic environment
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.