Sales Manager - Building Materials
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a leading business conglomerates with a major presence across diverse sectors including Consumer Products, Corporate Services and Infrastructure. For over four decades, the Group has made a significant contribution to the country as economy and inspired the trust of millions of Nigerians as a provider of quality goods at an affordable price.
- Appointing New & Developing existing Dealers in assigned territory
- Identify new market; develop new accounts for business growth
- Manage and handle sales enquiries, prepare & submit quotations, closing sales and provide quality supply & after sales service to customers.
- Establish, build and maintain good cordial relationship with customers and suppliers.
- Organize, attend trade shows/exhibitions and support all branding initiatives of parent company & also dealers/customers
- Lead sales effort to potential targeted accounts in liaison with internal sales.
- Communicate on competition activities – pricing, products, deals, and also potential new designs, varieties, types of products being used in the marketplace.
- Develop understanding of product application (roofing tiles installation process) so as to be able to provide field technical support to clients for speedy & quality execution.
• University graduate preferably with a degree in Business / Sales & Marketing.
• At least 3 years’ relevant experience in building materials etc key sales experience in similar
• Preferably from a roofing or allied industry
• Proven track record in specification sales to architects, dealers, local authorities and main contractors.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• Experience in construction and / or specialized building materials
• Highly developed research and analytical skills
• Thorough understanding of Channel & Direct Sales
• Understanding of international trading & logistics
• Must have good contacts and experience dealing with architects in the region.
• Must have experience of specifying into commercial and public sector projects.
• Must have experience of selling branded tiles to architects, end-users and building contractors
A proven track record of selling Building Materials, Roofing tiles or similar products to the dealer market and also have experience in selling to Estate Developers, Builders, architects, interior designers, Contractors, including residential and social housing, the leisure industry, hospitals and public (Govt.) buildings and State Housing projects & contractors
• Strategic / persuasive approach to business development
• Strong, disciplined “needs satisfaction” selling skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• MS Excel & MS Word working knowledge
• Ability to work equally on own initiative and as part of a team
• A methodical approach to work
• Attention to detail & Flexibility
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure & targets
• Technical graduate preferable