Chief Operations Officer
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a records management, data warehousing and document archiving company is seeking to engage an experienced candidate for the role of a Chief Operations Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall operation of the organisation across various cadres and designations.
The Chief Operations Officer will play the strategic role of ensuring that the day-to-day operations and administration of the organization runs smoothly to improve productivity and efficiency.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of departmental and organizations goals; specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared toward operational excellence.
- Review financial statements and data; also utilize financial data to improve profitability
- Liaison with top management. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Manage customer service by planning and supporting sales and marketing activities.
- Relevant first degree
- Minimum of 10 years working experience
- Certification in project management is an added advantage
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Good communication and persuasive skills
- Good decision making skills
- Conflict management
- Excellent creative thinking and decision making skills
- Indepth knowledge of markets and changing business environment
- A high level of commercial awareness