Accounts Officer, Lagos
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, their capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Responsible for providing support in looking after the organization’s financial plan and also given the responsibility of financial planning and record keeping of all accounts.
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliations and reports to accompany monthly management accounts.
- Audit payrolls.
- Ensuring compliance with taxation legislation and preparing tax returns.
- To supervise the posting of accounting information daily and ensure back up of electronic data
- Preparing journal entries for posting to SAGE
- Assisting with the preparation and consolidating annual accounting reports.
- Reconciling balance sheets on a frequent basis
- Analyzing expenditures against budget, investigating annual and monthly financial accounts.
- Preparing reports, budgets, business plans, commentaries and financial statements.
- Providing accounting support to managerial staff, colleagues and clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Must be competent in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Must be highly detail oriented and organized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office application; especially Excel
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance creativity, problem solving, and results
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business related degree required
- IFRS Certification will be an advantage
- ICAN/ACCA Membership Advantage
- 2+ years of relevant experience
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.