Shore base Manager, Warri
- Warri, Nigeria
Our client is a major player in the upstream, and downstream segments of the petroleum sector. With a quality portfolio of oil and gas assets in Nigeria, Their capabilities extend through upstream (exploration & production and drilling), downstream, trading of oil product, sub-surface engineering and data appraisal for geophysics and petroleum projects.
ROLE DESCRIPTION: Plan, direct and manage the performance of all Warri and Offshore operations, including its human and material resource; so as to maintain and develop business growth in accordance with the overall strategy. The Shore base Manager will in conjunction with the Offshore Operations Manager exercise control over all upstream activities, ensuring excellent operational delivery and highest standards of services provided by contractors.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate and work closely with relevant functional groups both internal and external to optimize Logistics and Shore Base efficiency and reliability in supporting customers in the region
- Conduct daily contractor morning meeting to review and communicate the daily marine vessel movement and future plan to optimize logistics utilization.
- Provide general supervision and direction to various sub-groups in carrying out their daily activities in the most effective manner and objectives are met at all times.
- Foster teamwork, productive effort and continuous improvement suggestions both within group supervised, co-worker or peers and cross-functionally in pursuit of organization plan and objective goals.
- Liaise regularly with various materials coordinators both internal and contractors and vendors to maximize productive works.
- Collaboration with relevant personnel to ensure all materials supplies and equipment required at offshore are ordered and shipped in a cost effective/efficient manner.
- Effective planning and coordinating with dock and transportation section, various materials coordinators and contractors to ensure all planned cargoes are loaded in a timely manner as scheduled.
- Oversees and coordinates with materials management section, service companies and vessel masters on vessel loading and unloading plan included compilation and execution of load-list and load plans on a daily basis.
- Work closely with Offshore Marine Control, Dock Transportation Supervisor and Materials Coordinator in scheduling and managing the daily vessel movement to ensure the vessel port calls are in line with materials requirement in order to optimize vessel turn-around time and reduce potential wasted time.
- Review, screen and approve as required all documents pertaining to facility maintenance, dock & transportation, and radio room, CCTV operations including security service order, materials requisitions, time sheet, contract requisition, invoices, etc in the absent of Offshore Operations Manager.
- Prepare, manage and monitor operating budget for Shore Base operations as assigned.
- Create safe work environment and work conditions at all facilities operated by Shore Base through OEMS and Managing Safe Work Practices.
- Establish KPI’s and goals for groups supervised in conjunction with Offshore Operations Manager and subordinates as well as develop Shore base annual business plan, strategy and objective in conjunction with Offshore Operations Manager
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Petroleum Engineering/ diploma in Mechanical, Marine or production engineering or related field
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience 5 of which is in a related industry, preferably in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience in handling multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted.