Human Resources Assistant (Temp)
- Lagos, Nigeria
Our client, a law firm that provides legal services to companies in different sectors of the economy is looking to hire a driven and very organized individual to fill the role of Human Resources Assistant on a temporary basis who may be retained full time upon satisfactory performance.
Reports To: Practice Manager
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Job Summary: To support the Firm’s human resources processes by maintaining staffing logistics and employee benefits and by implementing the Firm’s performance management process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collate and update personnel records relating to employee staffing, absences, training, leave applications, benefits and performance evaluations.
- Process and maintain documentation relating to employee activities such as staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations and classifications.
- Prepare reports and documents pertaining to employee activities.
- Draft and explain the Firm’s personnel policies, benefits and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- Collate information relating to staff training and development.
- Assist in arranging for the internal and external trainings.
- Assist in preparing the Training Budget.
- Assist in preparing and coordinating the travel plans of the Partners. This includes: updating visas, making visa applications, developing travel budgets and obtaining approvals for their travel funds.
- Liaise with the Firm’s endorsed HMO on staff complaints and registration.
- Assist in conducting orientation for new staff.
- Conduct tests and interviews for job applicants and interns.
- Administer and score applicant and employee aptitude, personality, and interest assessment tests.
- Prepare badges, passes, complimentary cards and identification cards, and perform other security-related duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a Reputable University with one to two years related experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required
Ø Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Ø Knowledge of laws relating to employee relations in Nigeria
Ø Intermediate proficiency with MS Office application
- Good time management skills
Ø Strong interpersonal skills
- Should have an eye for detail
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Display logical reasoning.
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Etiquette- Display good manners.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect
- Innovation - Display original thinking and creativity.