- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Purpose of the Position:
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in duties concerned with sanitation programs in poultry processing establishment by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Functions:
- Directs cleaning of equipment and work areas.
- Inspects premises for unsanitary practices and conditions.
- Confers with management and production personnel on sanitation problems, and recommends changes in equipment, plant layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and purity of product.
- Compiles required reports regarding regular inspections, sanitation violations, and steps taken to resolve deficiencies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and train/enforces safety programs such as HazCom and Lockout/Tagout.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised.
- Supervise maintenance of parking lots and grounds.
- Train and/or arrange for training of new employees. Maintain regular schedule of training updates for all employees.
- Performs other similar or related duties as requested or assigned.
- Two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in poultry or industrial sanitation procedures. B.S. or B.A. degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of proper chemical usage and handling for food processing sanitation.
- Must be HACCP certified.
- Leadership skills with the ability to evaluate employees fairly and objectively.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office programs, Alchemy and KRONOS.
- Ability to read/write in English. Bilingual preferred (Spanish/Punjabi).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.