Journey Level Mechanic
- Turlock, CA
Effectively troubleshoot and repair complex mechanical equipment, as well as diagnose complex electrical problems with speed and accuracy.
Proactively perform line inspections and generate work orders to repair any potential mechanical deficiency encountered
Perform equipment PM
Train lower classification mechanics
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years industrial maintenance experience, preferably in the food industry
- Must have all the qualifications and meet all the requirements of the Mechanic “A”
- Must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English, perform basic math functions and comprehend equipment manuals and instructions
- Able to expertly troubleshoot and have the ability to read electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Must also have a good understanding of electronics and PLS’s
- Must be familiar with pumps, understand gear ratios and speeds and operate hand and power tools.
- Must fully understand electrical controls, motors, relays and auxiliary equipment.
- Must have a good understanding of salient OSHA standards and guidelines.
- Must have metal fabrication skills as well as basic mill and lathe knowledge
- Must have the ability to expertly use welding and cutting equipment and be proficient in all aspects of plant maintenance.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to push, pull, bend and crouch
- Must be able to work on wet concrete floor, walk and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to work safely from ladders and in confined spaces
- Must be able to pass the Industrial Maintenance Test
- Must be able to work overtime, weekends and/or times dictated by production requirements/needs
- Must be able to submit and pass a criminal background check
Must be able and willing to learn any equipment or task and progress to higher maintenance levels
information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.