Security Officer (Part-time)
- Farmerville, LA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Control of Pedestrian and vehicular traffic.
- Maintain logs (digital or manual) of all traffic.
- Inspect all departing vehicles for unauthorized removal of company assets.
- Performs telephone operator services during non-business hours.
- Performs perimeter foot patrols of assigned facilities
- May perform weigh master duties, certifying vehicle loads and weights
- Complete any assignment or duty as designated by the Security Supervisor or Corporate Security Manager.
- All persons employed or associated with Foster Farms are responsible for the quality and food safety of company products. The food safety and quality policies are summarized and communicated in a company handbook and at training sessions. Each new employee is provided a handbook and attends a food safety training session before beginning work. All employees attend a refresher training session at least once per year. Records are maintained reflecting the distribution of employee handbooks and attendance at the training sessions.
- Security Officers are primarily responsible for ensuring that all Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) are followed on a consistent basis by regular bag inspections of all employees entering the plant.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
Prefer experience in Law Enforcement, Security or Military
Must be able to communicate clearly in English (written and verbal)
Must be able to read and write with proficiency
Ability to accept direction and responsibility
Capable of making decisions under potentially tense conditions.
Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
Must have an overall favorable employment record and attendance record
Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
Must be able to show up to work daily and be on-time to perform the duties of the position.
Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (8-12 hours) on a concrete/metal grate floor
Must be able to walk for prolonged periods of time on concrete/pavement
Good eyesight (corrected)
Possess a valid drivers license and good driving record
Ability to pass a criminal background check and obtain a guard card.
- Physical and Mental demands are determined upon the specific job site of assignment, may be scheduled to work at either Foster Farms facilities within 15 miles of regularly scheduled location and conduct vehicle patrols (in a Foster Farms Company Vehicle) at locations other than the location where regularly assigned.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.