- Demopolis, AL
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Maintain all mechanical/electrical/electronic equipment at an optimum operating condition to insure maximum production and product quality as set by production line standards, as well as the equipment manufacturers projected standards.
- Troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all assigned electronic/mechanical equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance repair work related to plumbing, sheet metal, pneumatics, electrical and electronics, including PLC and microprocessors.
- Perform layout and fabrication work required for plant maintenance, including welding processes.
- Troubleshoot by utilizing blueprints and electrical schematics.
- Assist Purchasing personnel as needed with the ordering of materials for equipment repairs and construction projects.
- Assist other crews as needed, maintain safety, housekeeping and sanitation standards in accordance with GMP’s, SSOP’s and USDA requirements.
- Help maintain and improve quality and food safety, to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must have 4 years industrial maintenance experience in the food industry. An AA degree in electronics
or certificate of completion in electronic technology is preferred and 2 years experience in a related
• Must be able to train and direct mechanics in lower classification
• Must be able to communicate in English, both oral and written
• Must demonstrate proficiency in use of welding equipment
• Must be able to perform fabrication/layout work effectively
• Must be able to work independently and with limited supervision
• Must be able to climb and work from ladders
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.