- Porterville, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Manage maintenance department effectively, consistently attain department goals / standards for cost, productivity, quality and safety.
- Manage capital program effectively, consistently complete assigned projects within budget and scope.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve Preventative Maintenance (PM) system, optimizing cost of repairs and replacements. Reduce equipment downtime in order to meet production needs and adhere to downtime key performance indicators.
- Monitor a $3.5 million Maintenance Parts Inventory and identify ways to improve inventory process to manage inventory and gain control of the maintenance parts weekly budget of $146k.
- Optimize equipment operation time by utilizing employees to effectively carry out rapid equipment repairs and to effectively maintain equipment availability.
- Analyze production downtime reports, determine opportunities, and initiate action plan to increase efficiencies.
- Provide quick and timely feedback to plant manager on all exceptions in regards to downtime, quality yield, cost and safety and manage the correction of areas which are out of acceptable parameters.
- Provide mechanical and technical support on all facility equipment and remain current with the latest emerging industry regulations and codes relative to mechanical and electrical system.
- Monitor line operations and collaborate with management and the maintenance team to assure production needs and changes are being met.
- Ensure compliance of routine operating inspections that are required for safety environmental (i.e. boilers, water heater emissions, waste management disposal, fryer exhaust opacity).
- Responsible for professional development and training of department.
- Provide a high level of personal commitment and focus to department safety.
- Responsible for waste-water and for some environmental coordinator duties.
- BS in Industrial Engineering or related engineering degree (equivalent work experience will be considered)..
- Have a minimum of five years progressive experience in the food processing industry in the following areas: building maintenance, ammonia refrigeration and waste water treatment plant and managing and controlling hazardous materials at the plant level in the maintenance areas.
- Strong mechanical background.
- Experience in departmental administration, budget initiation, cost control and project management.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate supervisors fairly and objectively and suggest areas for needed improvement in a positive manner.
- Proficient use of PC including Excel, Work and Power Point.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.
- You may apply for this job at https://www.smartrecruiters.com/FosterFarms/102316206