Quality Control Rep B - Fresh Plant
- Farmerville, LA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
1.Monitor process and perform routine QC checks
2.Interface with line supervision and production workforce on production and quality procedures
3.Maintain process and quality documentation, to include conducting internal audits that may require the participation of management.
4.Perform pre-operational sanitation inspection in area assigned
5.Maintain current operation instructions and quality control procedures by updating as new information is given and provide input from the floor for these instructions and procedures
6.Perform, monitor and evaluate compliance with USDA regulations other than those incorporated into daily routines.
7.This position has the authority to hold product that does not conform to customer agreements, finished product specifications, or legal requirements and is also authorized to make decision regarding product disposition including release
1.Other duties as assigned
1. Must be able to communicate clearly in English (written and verbal)
2. Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
3. Proficient in mathematics
4. Proficient on a computer, Excel, Word and Outlook
5. Must have legible handwriting
6. Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills.
7. Must have an overall favorable employment record and attendance record
8. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
9. Must be willing to rotate into various departments with varying QC related job duties as needed
10. Must be able to show up to work daily and be on-time to perform the duties of the position.
11. Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (8-12 hours) on a concrete/metal grate floor
12. Must be able to work in cold environments, 40 degrees or hot environment for a RTE plant, up to 100 degrees.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.