- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for his/her respective department and for meeting department goals and standards on quality, yield, productivity, cost and safety.
- Directly responsible for the development and training of employees, working within the guidelines of the Union Contract and company policies.
- Directly responsible for monitoring standards and indexes needed to control area of responsibility.
- Responsible for quick and timely feedback to supervisor on all exceptions n regards to productivity, downtime, quality, yield, cost and safety.
- Responsible for making sure all preventive maintenance is down on all equipment in area of control and interfacing with immediate supervisor on all suggested changes that would make the job better, more profitable and safer.
- Directly responsible for giving safety orientations and holding safety/general meetings as required.
- Responsible for the testing and developing techniques and processes on equipment as directed by his/her supervisor.
- B.S. or B.A. in business management or equivalent work experience (five to ten years) in the food processing industry.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing and must have strong interpersonal skills
- Good mathematical background to be able to perform calculations on yield, productivity, time cards, reports, etc.
- Able to evaluate employees fairly and objectively; strong human resources skills.
- Growth potential to assume more responsibility.
- Able to stand for prolong periods of time on a concrete/metal grate floor.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.