Recruitment/Employee Relations Manager
- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Plan, organize and direct administrative activities of the Human Resources Department. Develop departmental systems and evaluate results in relation to established goals. Establish new approaches, procedures and guidelines to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed and within established policies and union contracts.
- Recruit for vacancies at all levels. Management positions to be filled in accordance with the Succession/Manpower Planning.
- Provide training and development for all levels of management to ensure manpower with necessary skills are available in the future.
- Manage Employee Health Services and ensure that employees are treated within the established guidelines, while protecting Foster Farms assets from liability.
- Provide guidance to supervisory personnel regarding fair and equitable treatment, compliance with contract, policies, practices, procedures and government laws and regulations. Assist with representation of company and issue decisions during grievance meetings and Board of Adjustments with the union.
- Conduct legal investigations regarding sexual harassment, discrimination and EEO. Respond to DFEH and EEOC claims as needed.
- Administer and guide salary/wage decisions, performance appraisals and assist in individual developmental plans.
- Establish EEO and AA plans of action, in accordance with Foster Farms policies. Train management in Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in Human Resources, preferably in a union environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to drive continuous improvement and results.
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Punjabi is required
Proven ability to stay calm under pressure
Ability to handle multi-tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment.
Proficient in Microsoft applications and HRIS system
Ability to submit to and pass a criminal background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.