Quality Control Lead - Cooked Plant
- Farmerville, LA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Monitor, maintain and improve quality control systems to insure compliance with company quality standards and USDA regulatory requirements. Provide oversight,training and motivation to the Quality Control Representatives to achieve departmental goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist in maintaining, monitoring, and enforcing USDA Regulatory, Corporate Guidelines and Quality Control Programs, to include conducting internal audits that may require the participation of management.
- Interface with Production Supervisors and hourly employees on production and quality procedures. Work with USDA personnel to handle regulatory issues Assist in maintaining the micro-hold product program.
- This position has the authority to hold product that does not conform to customer agreements, finished product specifications, or legal requirements and is also authorized to make decision regarding product disposition including release.
- Provide leadership to QC technicians with regards to their concerns with procedures, product quality, regulatory requirements and corporate procedure
- Maintain Quality Reporting Systems.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR QUALITY/FOOD SAFETY
All persons employed or associated with Foster Farms areresponsible for the quality and food safety of company products. The foodsafety and quality policies are summarized and communicated in a companyhandbook and at training sessions. Each new employee is provided a handbook andattends a food safety training session before beginning work. All employeesattend a refresher training session at least once per year. Records aremaintained reflecting the distribution of employee handbooks and attendance atthe training sessions.
- Specialprojects or assignments as specified by supervisor
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED
- 1-3 years of experience in food processing;
- knowledge of USDA regulations, HACCP, GMPs and SSOPs preferred
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English (written and verbal)
- Must be detail oriented and proficient in mathematics.
- Proficient on a computer, Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have legible handwriting
- Must have good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Must have an overall favorable employment record and attendance record
- Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
- Must be willing to rotate into various departments with varying QC related job duties as needed
- Must be able to show up to work daily and be on-time to perform the duties of the position
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time (8-12 hours) on a concrete/metal grate floor
- Must be able to work in cold environments, 40 degrees or hot environment in RTE plants up to 100 degrees
- Must be able to lift from 5-50 lbs. on a daily basis depending on what department assigned to for the shift
- Indirect supervision of hourly QC representatives, not to include disciplinary action.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.