Human Resources Supervisor
- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
- Supervise clerical staff to ensure all administrative functions are completed timely and accurately, including, but not limited to: LOA documentation, PAF’s, new hire worksheets and paperwork, step pay increases, sick and vacation payouts. Follow-up to ensure that all documents are submitted timely and scanned into On Base for proper processing. Tracking progress through audits and generation of reporting.
- Recruit for vacancies for all maintenance, non-union and clerical level positions. Oversee staffing for hourly, union positions through clerical staff utilizing the uniform hiring process and posting process.
- Interact with employees regarding extensions to LOAs when employee has exhausted FMLA/CFRA and engage in the interactive process with employees under ADA Reasonable Accommodation process.
- Provide guidance to management regarding Kronos, administration of wages, ADA accommodations/employee restrictions, the LOA process, staffing, etc.
- Back-up to Human Resources Supervisors for Employee Relations support to the Belgravia and Cherry Plants regarding fair and equitable treatment, workloads, compliance with contract, policies, practices, procedures, and government laws and regulations. Represent the company at EDD hearings. May represent employees in internal disputes resolution procedures. Interface with union representatives as needed. Maintain accurate records of all concerns, complaints and investigations. Ensuring that each comes to closure.
- Generation of weekly/monthly reports, assist with annual and contractual increases for non-union and union employees.
- Generate communications to workforce as needed. Assist with preparations for annual events at facilities (onsite training, United Way campaign, Holiday Luncheons, picnics, service awards, retirement luncheons, etc.)
- B.S. degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in Human Resources Management
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Punjabi is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications and HRIS system
- Ability to handle multi-tasks/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work and think independently
- Proven ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to submit to and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.