- Fresno, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain plant wide Inventory Warehousing, Issuing Tasks including: Issue materials from inventory by lot # and FIFO; Issue non-stock materials; Maintain issue points for distribution of materials; Maintain electronic records of materials and supply inventory
- Maintain ingredients inventory by: allergen, non-allergen, shelf life and quantities.
- Responsible for receiving facility materials and ingredients; Receive materials and stock warehouse, Load and unload Delivery Truck, perform quality inspections of delivered materials and maintain electronic records/documentation.
- Maintain Storage areas organization of materials and cleanliness of storage area to USDA and BRC Standards.
- Pertinent Facts: Because of the demand for high sensitivity, Material Handlers are required to posses and exhibit a sense of urgency and are required to react quickly. During off shifts, and in emergency situations the handler may be required to initiate action without normal supervisory consultation and/or be called in during off shifts and in emergency situations.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year combined experience in shipping/receiving, warehouse and inventory control preferred.
- Must be able to pass forklift/pallet jack certification.
- Strong mathematical aptitude; must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good vocabulary and telephone etiquette.
- Must have valid driver license in order to operate material handling equipment with a good safety record.
- Computer experience required preferably in Excel.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including frequent Saturdays.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.