Payroll Clerk D
- Livingston, CA
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
Purpose of position:
Interpret pay rules, regulatory compliance, and union contracts; process, audit weekly/bi-weekly payrolls to include paper timecards and Kronos Time and Attendance System; direct deposit (ACH) set-ups, changes, cancels; set jobs for nightly processing; manual check calculation and review; timecard, label, and paycheck distribution; SDI coordination calculations; void checks; stop payments, mandatory and voluntary deduction maintenance, vendor payments; worksite reporting; daily positive pay; metrics; annual United Way project, Attachment and Garnishments; Escheatment; writing/updating procedures; W-2 re-issue request; restaurant tip tracking; mail; filing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Process Payroll, paper timecards and Kronos to include interpretation and application of pay rules, union contracts, federal and state regulatory requirements, batch controls, recaps, data entry and auditing.
- Will be involved with balancing, time accrual entry, and releasing time records for processing.
- Manual check calculation and processing and attachment garnishment maintenance to include interpretation of court orders and application of the type of order (IRS, Sheriffs, Bankruptcy, support, etc.)
- Will set-up deductions, amendments, stops, changes, uploads producing AP checks, online filing and payments, check distribution, and reconciliations and set weekly job sheets.
- Will be involved with ACH maintenance (new set-up, changes, reversals, returns), union maintenance (new set-up, arrears, vendor payments), SDI (CA state disability Insurance calculations).
- Will work on daily positive pay, metrics, United Way maintenance/annual set-up and projections, Department policy/procedure updates, W-2 reissues, escheatment (unclaimed wages).
- Will work on temp pool tracking, miscellaneous payments, time and attendance entry, maintain payroll Outlook mailbox, CA make-up time request, error processing corrections, Kronos Weekly Audits and labor, timecard, & label distribution.
Backup other desks as needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent; some college preferred and prior payroll knowledge helpful. (knowledge of taxable wage limits, etc)
- Must have two-three years payroll experience.
- High degree of confidentiality, organization and prioritization skills; detail-oriented.
- Good analytical skills and mathematical aptitude.
- Strong PC skills – Windows, Excel, Word; Lawson software helpful, payroll timekeeping system helpful.
- 10-key by touch.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and be team oriented.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work independently.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.