- Aurora, OR
Foster Farms has been a family-owned and operated company for four generations. Since our founding days back in 1939, we have always been committed to providing consumers with the highest-quality, best-tasting poultry products available. The hope is that our commitment to excellence, honesty, quality, service, and our people will shine through in everything we do.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join the Foster Farms team. We offer the experience of a large organization, but operate like a family business. More than half of our job openings are filled by internal promotion, and we encourage employees to gain a variety of experiences across different functional groups.
This position requires two (2) days per week at our Oregon Ranches and two (2) days per week at our Washington Ranches (10hrs/day)
1. Maintain day-to-day operations of the ranch and its fryer in the Ranch Foreperson's absence.
2. Learn about and assist with:
- Coordinating feed deliveries
- Maintaining accurate feed and fuel inventories.
- Insuring proper growing methods.
3. Learn about and assist with the grow out program so that ranch setup, brooding, temperatures, ventilation, mortality, vaccination, and medication meet the highest level of quality and productivity.
4. Aid in maintaining facilities and equipment for optimal usage and good appearance.
5. Assist with maintaining accurate and complete records pertaining to all ranch activities.
6. Learn about and assist with maintaining sanitation conditions and disease protection procedures.
7. Pick up cull and record mortality rate.
8. Maintain high awareness of industrial safety and report problems directly to the Field Supervisor.
9. React to emergencies that could adversely affect the chickens, day or night.
10. Learn about and assist with evaluating Fryer Production results.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must have good mathematical and organizational skills.
2. Must be able to move 25 pounds.
3. Preferably will have poultry raising experience.
4. Preferably will have a mechanical aptitude.
5. Able to operate farm equipment.
6. Must have good attendance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Foster Farms is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities, Females, Veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Foster Farms participates in E-Verify during the hire process at all locations for all new employees.